Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I have an addiction.


I have an addiction. It's the earth-shattering, face-melting power ballads that the 1980s and 90s provided for my ears. This is a list of my all-time favorites, leave yours below! What makes a power ballad so great? The fact that a rock band can get sentimental without batting an eye? The cheesy lyrics but amazing instrumentals? I have no idea what draws me in, but I know I could live off of them til the day I perish.

"Is this Love" Whitesnake
"Waiting For a Girl Like You" Foreigner
"Sister Christian" Night Ranger
"Open Arms" Journey
"I Won't Forget You" Poison
"Show Me the Way" Styx
"If I Could Turn Back Time" Cher
"When I Look into Your Eyes" Firehouse
"More than Words Can Say" Alias
"To Be With You" Mr. Big
"I Wanna Go Back" Eddie Money
"I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight" Cutting Crew
"Making Love Out of Nothing at All" Air Supply
"Amanda" Boston
"Angel" Aerosmith
"Faithfully" Journey
"Keep on Loving You" REO Speedwagon
"Home Sweet Home" Motley Crue
"I Want to Know What Love Is" Foreigner
"Carrie" Europe
"Total Eclipse of the Heart" Bonnie Tyler
"Heaven" Bryan Adams
"Can't Fight this Feeling" REO Speedwagon
"When the Children Cry" White Lion
"I Remember You" Skid Row
"Every Rose Has its Thorn" Poison
"When I See You Smile" Bad English
"Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" Starship
"Your Love" Outfield
"Everytime You Go Away" Paul Young
"Almost Paradise" Mike Reno, Ann Wilson
"Love Song" Tesla
"Missing You" John Waite
"Up Where We Belong" Joe Cocker, Jennifer Warren
"Don't Know What You Got (Til its Gone)" Cinderella
"Baby I Love Your Way" Peter Frampton
"You are so Beautiful" Joe Cocker
"Lady" Styx
"Fly Away From Here" Aerosmith
"Crazy" Aerosmith
"Alone" Heart
"Winds of Change" Scorpions
"Forever" Kiss
"The Flame" Cheap Trick
"Mama I'm Coming Home" Ozzy Osbourne
"Babe" Styx
"I'll Never Let You Go" Steelheart
"Alone Again" Dokken
"Close My Eyes Forever" Ozzy Osbourne, Lita Ford
"I'll Be There For You" Bon Jovi
"November Rain" Guns N Roses
"Sweet Child of Mine" Guns N Roses
"Nobody's Fool" Cinderella
"Two out of Three Ain't Bad" Meatloaf
"What it Takes" Aerosmith
"Amazing" Aerosmith
"More than a Feeling" Boston
"Heaven" Warrant
"Just Say You'll Love Me" Chicago
"I'll Cry For You" Europe
"Love Bites" Def Leppard
"Still Loving You" Scorpions
"High Enough" Damn Yankees
"Love Hurts" Nazareth
"You're the Inspiration" Chicago


....that's all I can think of right now. (:
What Power Ballads am I missing? Which ones are your favorites?

4 comments:

RAY J said...

Here's some more current ones come to mind for me =)

Shinedown "If You Only Knew"
Nickelback "Gotta Be Somebody"
Hinder "Lips of an Angel"
Creed "With Arms Wide Open"
Staind "So Far Away" and "It's Been Awhile"
Live "The Dolphin's Cry"
Snow Patrol "Chasing Cars"
Tonic "If You Could Only See"
Eve6 "Here's to the Night"
3 Doors Down "Here Without You"
Kings of Leon "Use Somebody"

Jessi Haish said...

These are great!! I should do something on new power ballads! Thanks Rachel! :)

CFM said...

for the late 90s/early 2000s, def:
Iris - Goo Goo Dolls =)

Anonymous said...

What? No Bon Jovi? FOR SHAAAAAME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails