Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hi. I Blog.


I've been scouring blogging websites for days. I've been reading articles on how to increase readership and subscriptions, and they all tell me the same thing. I need to find a topic and stick with it. For instance, gardening. Create a blog about gardening, and loads of dedicated gardeners will show up in herds at your website. Having one main focal point to the blog will apparently attract masses of of like-minded people. Makes sense, but doesn't sound good for me as a potential writer.

I read these sorts of things and my heart sinks a little. Uh, what exactly is my niche? I don't have one passion that I can devote my writing to. I don't want to restrict myself this early in the game, either. I love everything and anything. I adore writing about love. And music. Even my love of music makes an appearance on this site. But I find that more anything, I just write about good old life. What's more diverse than life? I'm such a random, unique person (aren't we all?) and I found it nearly impossible to name the three tags for my blog. So I settled on "life," "love," and "music." I guess that honestly, that's all I really need. I may not be geared toward a specific audience, but can't everyone relate to life, love and music?

So here's to this little baby blog. A blog that I am hoping will teach me immense amounts about the writing business, as well as a lot of different things about myself. This blog may be all over the place, but it is 100% honest, genuine Me.

Enjoy.

7 comments:

RAY J said...

So I know you're not 20 yet, but when you are, you might want to join up on this site: http://www.20sb.net/

I think you can link up your blog to it and stuff as well, but I haven't really done much with mine since I joined a few months back...

Jessi Haish said...

awesome! thanks Rachel! :)

Melissa Blake said...

Love how well the blog is coming along!! :)

Jessi Haish said...

thank you Melissa! All thanks to you, of course! :D

Linz said...

referred to this blog by Melissa. i absolutely agree with you! i've been resisting putting my blog into a corner or a niche because...there's a lot more going on in my head than just crafts, or recipes, or photography, etc.

you should just devote your blog to the art of writing - and in that art, you're allowed to explore relevant topics, which are pretty much anything and everything. :)

i for one will follow from now on. have a wonderful weekend!

Agnieszka (aggie) Degener said...

i think you sorta have to go with the flow, write about what you want, and when it's time, you'll just know... kinda like falling in love, perhaps? instead of falling in love with a person though, maybe it will be a specific topic, even if it's as general as life. and i agree. how can you pick just one area? there are so many interesting people and things... so many things that can influence us as people, as writers, as artists, as whoever we may be... i also found it quite excellent that you chose life, love, and music... because... for my religious views on facebook i put "music.life.love." :)

best of luck to you my box office buddy!!!

Jessi Haish said...

Thank you so much for the feedback!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails