Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Memory Song: Sister Golden Hair by America

Oh, Sister Golden Hair. This is such a catchy, beautiful tune. What's the significance behind this song? It simply makes me think of my dad. Whenever this song starts playing on a radio anywhere, he instantly grins and starts tapping his foot. He never fails to sing along either. Just the fact that he loves this song so much makes me love this classic just a little bit more.

My dad and I have a lot in common. We're both opinionated and have a little temper. We also have the same blue eyes and look alike for the most part. We also hold pretty steady, similar tastes when it comes to music. I hate to admit it, but my parents did influence a lot of my musical selection. America is a pretty fantastic band, after all.

I mean, how fantastic is this song?!

P.S. I really wish I would have been around to enjoy Midnight Special. According to the Youtube videos, it was a pretty fantastic show.

1 comment:

I Love You More Then... said...

Great Pick! This is one of my favorites.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails