Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

This Jailbird Sings A Different Tune


I can't stop smiling. Today I went out with one of my coworkers - - someone I had considered a good friend - and it was the first time we had ever done anything outside of talking at work. We met for lunch and we both knew we had a lot of "girl talk" to do, and I was quite honestly a little nervous. I knew we had a lot to say about a lot of different things, and it was funny that we weren't sitting there in our hideous work uniforms. But once the conversation got started, it felt like it could go on into the night.
You know that feeling when everything seems....perfect? Like no terrible person could ever make you feel sad again? That's what it was. Everything we talked about had some aspect of uncomfortable depth to it, but it flowed with ease. And that's when I realized we are truly best friends.
I remember the first time I met Kelli. She was reading over the employee handbook on her first day as I was just clocking out. I said hey and I left. Since then, I've pretty much opened up to her and told her everything there is to know about me. It's a bad habit, but I really don't do it that often. I realized today that once you are able to become that open, honest and vulnerable to someone by telling them basically everything, that's when it's real. That's the moment you realize you have been lucky enough to find that lifetime friend who will see you through your worst days, and party with you on your best. Someone that has found that boundary where they can carefully spoon-feed you the terrible truth when you need it but put a smile on your face when you've never felt so low.
I am truly blessed for all the friends that have come into my life. They know more about me than I ever will and they have taught me a lot about myself.
Thank you Kelli Lynn, for listening to me. For never judging me. For answering the random panic texts and simply saying "I love you." Thank you for the good times, and thanks for the help with the bad times. I love you! And I told you I'd be writing about you soon :) Here's to many more memories to come.

Love,
"Jailbird."

P.S. Hope you like/understand the picture. :D

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails