Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Doin' the iPod Shuffle


Here goes a test-run: I'm going to hit shuffle on my iPod and see what the first five songs are. Check it out!

1) I Want to Know What Love Is - Foreigner.
-I love this song, and I love this band. However, I have an uneasy affiliation with it- at work at the movie theater, this song was used in the "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel" trailer. Repeatedly. I still love this song though, considering power ballads are probably my favorite form of music. Most unfortunately, this song has been covered multiple times, including remakes by Alvin and the Chipmunks and Mariah Carey. Either way, I'll love this song for the rest of my life, and my iPod says I rated it 3 out of 5 stars.

2)Low Rider - War.
-Another great song with terrible connotations! This is the theme song for the George Lopez Show - easily one of my least favorite television shows. However, this catchy beat and the fact that it was in the movie Dazed and Confused makes up for it. It's a decent classic rock song which I gave a 2 out of 5 stars. Darn you, George Lopez for tainting it!

3) 99 Red Balloons - Nena.
-The English version! A few weeks ago this popped up on shuffle when I was driving to my morning class, and needless to say, it put me in a fantastic mood which lasted most of the day! Makes me wanna clap my hands and dance. The iPod is telling me I gave this 80s hit a 3 out of 5 stars.

4) Blitzkrieg Bop - The Ramones.
-I love this band and their two-minute hits. Obviously the greatest punk band of all time, this song is a staple in their collection. Hey! Ho! Let's Go! A four out of five stars. Now I wanna watch "Rock & Roll High School."

5) Just Like a Rodeo - John Michael Montgomery.
-Finally, a country song! I can't believe it took this long considering how much country music this thing holds. This song is country and jazzy and makes me wanna throw on some cowboy boots. No rating on this song, but I'd at least give it a 2 out of 5 stars, considering it's not my favorite of his. "Somedays I'm in the saddle, Somedays I get thrown, Somedays I hold on for dear life, This love is sure 'nough just like a rodeo."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails