Pages

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Journal to Blog #2: I'm a Guy's Girl


Imagine if everyone in the world was as honest as your best guy friend.

I've always been a guy's girl; I think it started during my days of playing street hockey, kick the can and swinging on the tire swing with the neighborhood boys. I was six, and the only girl.

At family occassions, the women seemed to gather and gossip in one room, however I'd be in the other with my dad and other male relatives - - hanging on to the end of each and every topic they discussed. Even if the topic had to do with truck driving, which it usually was, I still found it far more interesting than whatever everyone else was talking about. This still happens, and I'm the only girl.

I love my guy friends now; unlike females for the most part they don't judge. I spend tons and tons of hours with them: eating massive amounts of food, playing video games and just driving around to their terrible music, and I'm the only girl. Even though when they give advice it may not be sugar-coated like a female's would and it may not sound as nice, it is always straightforward and true, even if you don't want to hear it. Honesty is a beautiful thing, after all. Imagine if everyone in the world was as honest as your best guy friend.

2 comments:

I Love You More Then... said...

I'm the same way. I have three older brothers, so I was without a doubt my father's princess. I still am to this day. & having a guy best friend is so much easier. He doesn't care what this one said or what I'm wearing he truly just wants to be with me. & any guy who wants to date me has to go through him.

This was such a great topic! I hope you're having a wonderful Tuesday.

Jessi Haish said...

You hit it spot on! I can't imagine life without my guy friends :D And thanks! It's always great to hear from you

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails