Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Summer's Here -- Bring on the Tunes!

Summer has begun (for most of us) and even if you're not on break yet, it is still prime-time to make the perfect mix CD! I've blogged about creating love mixes before, but summer-themed CDs are the best for cruising around or lounging in the backyard on warm days and nights and can set the tone for a grand old time.

Here are some of my favorite summer-themed tracks, what are some of yours?
Summertime - Kenny Chesney
All Summer Long - Kid Rock
In the Summertime - Mungo Jerry
Sunny Afternoon - The Kinks
Summer Nights - Olivia Newton-John & John Travolta
Under the Boardwalk - The Drifters
Summer - War
Summer Breeze - Seals & Crofts
Girls of Summer - Aerosmith
Our Last Summer - from Mamma Mia
Summer Love - Justin Timberlake
Summertime - New Kids on the Block
Summer Nights - Rascal Flatts
Heat Wave - Martha & the Vandellas
End of the Summer - Theory of a Deadman
Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams
Summertime - Janis Joplin
Sunshine & Summertime - Faith Hill
Wipe Out - The Surfaris
Summer Girls - LFO
Vacation - The Go Go's
Surfin' Safari - The Beach Boys
Take it Easy - The Eagles
Summer in the City - The Lovin' Spoonful
Summertime - DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
The Boys of Summer - The Ataris
Wild Summer Nights - Beaver Brown
School's Out - Alice Cooper
Sunshine on My Shoulders - John Denver
Hot Fun in the Summertime - Sly & The Family Stone


11 comments:

Hauptmann Deiss said...

I don't think your idea and my idea of good road trip mixes could be any farther apart

Jessi Haish said...

Haha sir Deiss, this is my barbecuing and driving down Main Street at night mix. But I would like to see that road trip mix list of yours...

Hauptmann Deiss said...

I've got like 10 different mixes so I'll just be general. It would most definitely have some Zeppelin, rolling stones, deep purple, anthrax, metallica, incubus and black stone cherry. Then there would be some other bands sprinkled in depending on who I would want to listen to

Jessi Haish said...

I do like the first half of that list.... haha :)

Melissa Blake said...

Summer Girls is amazzzzzing!!!! :)

Hannah Mae said...

Summertime by Kenny Chesney is one of my favorites for summer too!!

I Love You More Than... said...

Wow I would love one of your mixes!
We have such similar taste in music it's unbelievable!

CFM said...

Summer Girls brings back so many memories!!! The only other song I could think to add is The Boys of Summer - Don Henley

CFM said...

... oh and Some Kinda Wonderful - Sky :)

Jessi Haish said...

Great picks!

Sessa Walt said...

I liked quite a few of those posted on your list. Particularly that from Grease. John Travolta...Olivia Newton-John. Classic. (:
One to add:
Summer of '98--The Secret Handshake.
Addictive to positively frightening proportions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails