Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Doin' the iPod Shuffle

It's been quite a while since I've done this, and I got a major sunburn yesterday and quite honestly don't feel like thinking much today. However, I'd still love to hear any of your ideas as to what you'd like to see me blog about.

However, here's an old favorite game of mine, putting shuffle on my iPod and seeing what the first 5 songs are!

1) Take Me Home Tonight - Eddie Money
What an awesome song! Always gets me pumped up and dancing. Such a nighttime driving, happy song. I also adore Eddie Money! I think he'd be fantastic to see live. His songs are some of the greatest to sing along to.

2) Superstar - Sonic Youth
This is actually a Carpenter's song that Sonic Youth covered, and can I say how much more I love this version?! It was on the Juno soundtrack or else I would not have heard it otherwise. It's so spooky and intimate sounding...I absolutely love this version. "Don't you remember you told me you love me baby? You said you'd be coming back this way again, baby...." Love that line!

3) 15 Step - Radiohead
I'm not a huge Radiohead fan, but this song is so catchy! I love the beat even though it's definitely something I wouldn't listen to otherwise. Maybe it's the whiny voice that throws me off but I love the beat and the fact that it was in the end credits for...Twilight I believe? :) Maybe.

4) Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crue
I. Love. This. Band. And this song. It's so rough and kickass! Motley Crue has always been one of my favorite bands; I saw them in concert a few years ago and although the lights and setting was completely over-the-top, it was still an amazing time. This song makes me wanna take out my station wagon and drive it fast, well, as fast as it would chug along. Love this song. "Whoa! Yeah! BAAAaaaaaabbyyy!"

5) The Show Must Go On - Queen
Wow, all amazing rock songs today; I'm impressed. What can I say about Queen that hasn't already been said? The voice? Perfect. If only he had lived to create more beautiful music. This song always gives me the chills.

Are you as obsessed with the "shuffle" button as I am? What are you listening to today?


Photo Via (We Heart It)

11 comments:

Christy said...

I love Eddie Money! I left you an award on my blog =)

Samantha Rill said...

I am uber obsessed with the shuffle button. It's default for my iPod. No joke. Unless I feel like listening to a specific song, I go to shuffle. Right now, I'm switching between K'Naan's "Wavin' Flag" and Shakira's "Waka Waka (This Is Africa)" because of the World Cup (those are the two official songs) =]

Bookish.Spazz said...

I usually leave my ipod on shuffle because I never know what I want to listen to.

Sonic Youth is the best. As is the Juno soundtrack!

Cortney said...

Haha I love music. I'm one of those can't live without it types. Well I can but life is so boring without it.

KP said...

Eddy is the man! Love it <3

Lace. said...

You obviously have great taste in music!!

The Words Crafter said...

Love Eddie Money! My fav is "She Takes My Breath Away"...it's cool you like such a variety of music!

twirl unabashedly said...

ok. no laughing. its a running joke among my inner circle that i have bad taste in music. however, i beg to differ. :)

my first 5 on shuffle...

dubassex (wish you were here)- rabbit in the moon

cherry cherry- neil diamond

thats not my name- ting tings

out of habit- ani difranco

numa numa- ozone

Kayleigh said...

ahh. that queen song. brilliance. it's one of the last songs that freddie mercury recorded before he died, isn't it?

Erica said...

Cool songs, I've heard Superstar by Luther Vandross, I always associate him with that song. Queen is so amazing. I used to blast and I mean BLAST it when my parents were out of the house. One day they came home and was like What the hell?? It was that loud. My favorite Queen song has to be Who Wants to Live Forever

Erica said...

I love Radiohead! The album OK Computer was on permanent replay during my college days. A lot of great songs on there. And a lot of bands that are out now definitely were influenced by them I would think. Coldplay has a Radiohead vibe to them and I love them too. Do you like the Pixies? They're great too, pioneers of alt rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails