Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

On the Mind!

This weekend I've got a lot on my mind. This fall I will be entering my second year of community college and you know what that means - - it's nearing time to pick a university to transfer to. I'm looking for the perfect journalism program in Illinois and it's tough work I'm finding out. All in all though, I'm really glad I didn't have to make this decision as a junior/senior in high school. Either way, I'm really going to need to start picking some possibilities and soon.

Also, this fall I start my 'reign' as the college's Editor in Chief of the campus newspaper! I honestly cannot wait. I know that at times I may be way over my head but I can't wait! I guess what I need to decide is what sort of leadership role I want to take (how I'm going to go about it) and what kind of guidelines should be in place.

Aaaaand this is what I'm doing between work this weekend! Hope you guys all have a great weekend. Wish me luck! :P


P.S. I have another Tuesday interview scheduled for this coming Tuesday (it's FANTASTIC) and after that I will be accepting guest posts that will go up on Tuesdays that I don't have an interview planned for. Interested? Email me at jhaish09@gmail.com
Photo Via (We Heart It)

13 comments:

J.N.R. Dutton said...

Hey Jessi,best wishes on your endeavours :)

Mashlip said...

Good luck !! In England, we have to figure this shit out in our last year at school, when we're still only seniors. It sucks big time!
Well done on the editor in chief position, it is very very impressive :)

Jessi Haish said...

Thank you so much! :)

Cortney said...

Best of luck to you in your decisions. (: I know that sort of thing is hard to do. Probably why I've been putting it off for so long. I don't want to make a rushed decision just to get it out of the way. lol

Melissa Blake said...

Will you STOP with the self-doubt. You are certainly not in over your head! Can't wait to rock the school! :)

Erica said...

You'll do awesome! You're so talented. Print journalism is as hard to break into as acting it seems. (I wish I had someone tell me that when I was in college). My old boss had a Masters in Journalism from Columbia and worked in PR with me! One of the most important things I recommend is an internship during your senior year. Ideally at a magazine or newspaper. It's a lot about who you know in publishing. But never give up and believe in yourself. You are part or an elite group. You are a writer! And with your talent, I can see you going far.

Jade Bass said...

Wow, that's cool. Good luck!!

commoncents said...

Just wanted to say I really like your blog! Keep up the good work!!

Steve
Common Cents
http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

Bookish.Spazz said...

Good luck with everything! It's so cool that you get to be editor in chief for your school newspaper. I'm sure it looks good on your record experience wise :D

Miles Montecillo said...

I'm excited for your leadership role as the EIC of the paper :) I'm sure you'll make a good chief. And good luck in the University hunting, it's one tough decision to make :)

RAY J said...

If you're looking for in-state public Universities, I know when I was there NIU and UofI had the top student-run newspapers in the state (Northern Star and Daily Illini).

If you're interested, I'm close to the advisor of the NIU paper so I could mention your name to him you're interested in getting on there. He teaches Journalism too and writes freelance stuff for various papers, including the big on here in Rockford.

Lemme know if you're interested and good luck!

The One and Only Roxie said...

Good luck on the university hunt! Keep your options wide. As a com college transfer myself, adjusting to a university was hard and worse because I picked the wrong school. This year I'm trying again.

My two cents: Do some over-nighters, and talk to people who will really tell you the truth about the school (and the program you're heading into).

Jessi Haish said...

Thanks so much for your insights!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails