Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

:-)

how do you like my little sister's photoshop skills?

No interview today, but I have been keeping busy! Tomorrow morning I have a visit to a college campus - with my newspaper adviser and the adviser of the paper there. I'm looking forward to it -- I have so many questions!

I've been busy planning the fall semester for the newspaper at my community college, I can't believe school starts on the 23rd of August already! Next week I have my finals for my two summer classes, then I get a two week summer break before I dive into the fall semester...

And OH YES. This last Saturday I wrote an article for my local paper - the one that covers the events in the COUNTY. I actually approached them about being an intern in the beginning of the summer, but did not get it. This last week I was contacted, saying they needed some additional help on an as-needed basis, and my first article was published yesterday- - page A3! I wrote about the events at a classic car cruise night that my hometown hosted. I have to say that this is one of my proudest moments. I've been so busy, but I will be back to blogging soon!

What are you all up to as your summer winds down?

P.S. My little sister Lilly got a blog, finally! Check out her first blog here!

7 comments:

Linz said...

Congrats on writing for the local paper!

Sadly, when you're no longer in school, there is no "plans as summer winds down". There are only "when is our next 3-day weekend, God help us all?????"!

Bookish.Spazz said...

Super cool that you got published in your local paper!!

As for end of summer plans?

Levonne said...

congrats on your article! nice photoshop skills that your sister has.

Jaja Oquinena said...

You are a very good writer. It's only right that your work gets published! I think your local newspaper made a mistake in not accepting you as a regular intern. They should! They don't know what they're missing!

(follow me: http://balancingandstones.blogspot.com/)

酒店經紀威力 said...

Hello! My name is 酒店經紀 called, from Taiwan, has no intention to see your homepage, thought the article writes is very good!

Melissa Blake said...

I had such a great time today!! You're going places!

claire said...

Congratulations! :)
Your little sister's great, too. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails