Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Late Night Thought: Late Night Thinking

I over think about everything. Any small, minor detail that most others would pass up? I remember it, store it, and analyze it to bits. Why do I do it?

Maybe I'm a masochist.

Maybe there's something inside of me that thinks everything is equally important. I mean, if it happened to me, with me, for me, or because of me, it has to have some value....right?

When I'm remembering, storing, and analyzing, it's not likely that I'm thinking about why I do it. In fact, before tonight I'd never really considered why I over think everything.

Ha ha ha. I just realized I'm thinking about over thinking. This is seriously how I am.

Either way, it can't be healthy. I could be spinning in this beautiful, once-in-a-lifetime moment. A moment with no strings attached. I'll go through with it, you bet your bottom dollar. But when it's over and the moment has sunk in, my brain stops. And begins.

It's like a never-ending, twisted cycle. Thinking about over thinking. But one of these days, maybe I'll get to the bottom of it.

Photo Via (we heart it)

6 comments:

Erica said...

If I had a quarter for every time someone told me I over think everything, I'd have a whole lotta quarters.

Se2 said...

It's a disorder, a compulsion that you, me and loads of other people suffer from...
some call it hyper-criticism, some call it over-analyzing, but whatever it is, we would do anything to stop ourselves from this...

Cuz, maybe not thinking too much will let us appreciate things...:)
maybe...:)

Fickle Cattle said...

I'm exactly the same. Then I started thinking of it as a gift. :-)

http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

Katrina said...

I think that my tendency to overanalyze things honed me into someone possessing the soul and the heart of an artist.

Keda said...

I simply changed the way I was thinking, not the thinking as such. Of course it gets tiresome having so many thoughts in one's head all the time about every little thing. That's why I blog and journal and write letters, to get as much of it as I can out in order to get to that which really matters. I write lists, I comment, I read, I make notes. Anything to get it all out. Of course there is always more, but I found it gets slightly more valid once the less important stuff is allowed a doorway to be themselves out there.

ThaliaGrace said...

Don't change. Thinking is good. If you don't overthink, you might underthink and that's even LESS healthy. It gets you into trouble. Trust me, I know.

Think about anything and everything. And have fun doing it.

ps I love your blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails