Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Late Night Thought: The Ways of Love

As long as I can remember, I've tried to figure out how love works.

It wasn't so much that I didn't believe it, because I do, but rather I couldn't figure out how it happened. No matter how hard I thought, no matter how hard I tried, no matter how long I tried to conjure up ideals in my head, I just couldn't understand how it occurred.

The thing that always had me going was: how does love work? How does it happen? When does it happen? Basically,
how the hell can two people fall in love with EACH OTHER at the same time? How can two people, just two people out of all the people in the world care for each other and dub the other the right one, when they haven't met all the other people in the world? When everything could change tomorrow? How could these two find each other and be content with just the other?

I wasn't looking for stories of fate. I didn't want answers like "soul mates" "destiny" and "forever." I've always been a realistic child with a fairly steady head on my shoulders. These answers all seemed silly and rolled off the tongue like excuses.

But then, it sorta clicked.

It's like, you're in love when you both clicked.

Although I'm still completely oblivious as to how two people can have the same feelings for each other in the first place, from there it becomes a little less foggy. Dubbing someone the right one even though you haven't met all the other candidates? You feel like you don't have to. You don't WANT to. Whether you don't want to go through that process again or not, you're content. You're saying, "I love this person and it doesn't matter who else is out there. I have the only one I need." Which comes off as one of those silly excuses, but it's also damn romantic.

I've found that two people can be with each other and REALLY, truly be content. It's like your own little world, or rather you're living out your own inside joke, every single day. Even on the bad days, it's still yours and yours alone. And you wouldn't trade it for the world.

While I haven't figured out what brings these two together in the first place, or how they happen to feel the exact same way after time, all I know is that it's what we all need. And maybe we need just a little mystery. All I know is that when it's found, it works. That's really all that matters.

As long as I can remember, I've tried to figure out how love works. Yet as of late, I've found that it's working for me.

Photo Via (We Heart It)

3 comments:

hopelessly flawed said...

im so glad it is.
beautiful post:)

Puput Nopitasari said...

May be love is not to be understood but to be felt. I also don't have any idea how love works on me. :p
I never find the answer why can I love someone.

I like your post!

NedaTalks said...

Love the expression and anticipating writing about the same love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails