Pages

Monday, August 02, 2010

An Open Letter to Steven Tyler

Dearest Steven,

As strange as it may seem, I have been openly adoring you for years. As the lead singer of the greatest band in the world (Aerosmith) I have immense respect for you. In middle school I used to dream of slow dancing with someone to one of your ballads (preferably Angel) and to this day I know all of your songs and attempt (terribly) to sing along. I love you.

It's something about the way you've rocked that hairstyle over the years, or the way you sing into the microphone as if it's a secret lover. The way you flawlessly glide from shrieking the perfect note into playing a harmonica solo.

I adore you.

I can go to Disney World and ride a roller coaster that features your band: the voice, the music, your face; I can play Guitar Hero and have you all to myself. I can pop in my Aerosmith: Greatest Hits for the ten millionth time and attempt to sing with you. My first kiss with my boyfriend was to one of your songs; it's crazy how these loves come full circle.

Thank you for all your years of service to the product called "rock and roll." In my heart, eyes and ears, you will always be the greatest front man that ever lived, playing your important role in America's Rock Band. Thank you for everything you've done, every note you've sung, every scarf on your microphone, every harmonica you've played and for your impossibly huge lips (Mick Jagger does not even compare -- in any category.)
Love, Your Biggest Fan,

Jessi

9 comments:

Live Out Loud said...

What an awesome way to pay tribute.

Samantha said...

I totally expected this to chastise him for becoming the newest American Idol judge. How do you feel about that?

Jessi Haish said...

Thanks Live Out Loud! And @Samantha - I may have to start watching American Idol again!! Even if it is just to ponder Steven :)

Hannah Mae said...

This reminds me of the car ride a few weeks ago with Chris where you were talking about the harmonica playing

Ashton King said...

Steven Tyler is super sexy. I swear, it's his mouth.

UjSen said...

I LIKE!

claire said...

He's really got a huge mouth. But well, that's fine. :) Rock on!

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site jhaish.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

John Watson said...

Aerosmith rules...wish I cud've seen them in concert when I came here...I think steve is way better than Axl Rose..or Bon Jovi...he's got soul

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails