Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

He's Stubborn, She's Stubborn, We All Just Get Along

I wondered for the first time today what life would be like if I'd never met him.
I know that sounds terrible, but I was thinking deeper. I was wondering where I'd be at that exact moment had he not barged into my life.

Well, let's be honest here. He pretty much did barge in. I honestly didn't even want him to.

He honestly came out of nowhere, and I never saw him coming. I had no head start, or fair warning. He just kinda showed up and made a spot for himself in my life.

At the beginning, I didn't want him to be a part of it. I wondered who he thought he was, moving in on my life and making himself known. I wanted to know what exactly he thought he was gonna do, if he even won me over.

But then he surprised me.
He won me over.

I can't lie; I tried my hardest to not fall for it. To not fall for him. And then it just sorta happened. That spot he'd cleared for himself in my life became pretty comfortable. And when I pushed him out, it actually felt empty.

That's when I realized what he meant to me. Before we were technically together, before he ever kissed me, it took me trying to stay alone to realize how much I needed him to fill the spot he created.

And now I can't imagine him not being there, having his own place, a big part, of my life.

I wondered for the first time today what life would be like if I'd never met him.
I know that sounds terrible, but I was thinking deeper. I was wondering where I'd be at that exact moment had he not barged into my life.

I really don't know where I'd be or who I'd be, but I'm so content with everything where it is at this very moment. And I'm not about to budge from the spot I've cleared for myself in his life. Stubborn I shall remain.

I think I really understand why he was so stubborn in the beginning; he was so stubborn to be a part of my life. I'm really glad he stuck around to show me what I couldn't see: everything that was right in front of me all along.


photo via (we heart it)

3 comments:

Puput Nopitasari said...

I think everything would not the same if you didn't meet him or he was not him. :p

Melissa Blake said...

I love this, jessi!! :)

Defiant Princess said...

I love this.. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails