Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

hook, line and sinker


I wish for once you could just see through my eyes. I know I'm not perfect, and it's natural for me to pick out flaws that aren't my own. It's easier for me to see them on you, imbedded in you. And I'm not trying to change you, but rather ease the friction your flaws are causing between us. I know I'm not perfect, but it's so much easier to see how you're hurting me than how I'm hurting you.

It's just not working for the time being. I can't handle it. I can feel the pressure from the backs of my eye sockets and it has looped an anchor around my heart cascading into my stomach. I feel the tug, and the swaying sensation deep in my innermost places. I can't handle it.

It always passes, but when it returns it returns with a vengeance. It comes back harder and tougher than before. I can shake it off for the time being, but when it happens again, the rope is tightened. The anchor sways and ricochets off of me. All around inside.

Hook, line and sinker.



photo via (we heart it)

3 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

omg, this brings back memories.. your words have brought tears to my eyes.

Levonne said...

You are so self aware! Good for you for knowing yourself and for being able to express your thoughts and feelings.

Sana Ali said...

This is such a great post, so beautifully written

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails