Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

My blog has turned 1!


One year ago today, I reluctantly typed my first blog post, titled "I hate technology."

"I really don't know much of anything about technology, but I have been prodded to start a blog to keep up with my writing. So until I think of something to write, here's to next time. :p"

While the problem of having nothing to write about still remains, over the past year I have been through quite the 'journey' on this blog. On the anniversary of my blog, I'd like to take a little blast from the past tour and show you what this blog has become in a year: from the days of "I hate technology" to writing about this "Totally Awesome Boy" that still has me baffled today.

Over the past year, together I've...

Made the perfect love mix CD.
Talked about the tough topics like virginity and being a straightedge.
Defended community colleges.
Poured my soul into open letters.
Was noted as a Blog of Note.
Rambled
late into the night.
Brought poetry back into my life.
Interviewed loved ones and found out more than I had bargained for.
Shared the story behind a Totally Awesome Boy.


I can't believe how much things have changed in a year and I can't wait to see what The Musings continues to do for many years to come. Maybe I'm even glad that certain people kept "pestering" me to start this thing...


So let me know, what do you think of The Musings? What do you want more of, and what needs to go?

10 comments:

Full Cup said...

I recently just found your blog, but I have enjoyed all of the posts that I have read. You are an honest writer and your "followers" feel like they know you more personally because of it, therefore they always come back and read more. You are very talented, keep it up girl!;)


xo,

Molly Jane

www.browneyedcharmer.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for at least 9 months now. I truly love your writing style and look forward to your posts every day.

However, it's become increasingly obvious to me that your blog more closely resembles Melissa Blake's with each post. Poetry is good, music lyrics are great, posts with We Heart It pics are often inspiring. But you seem to be moving farther away from who *you* really are. As she's your advisor, it makes sense that you'd turn to her for help and she'd be a big influence. It goes without saying that her blog is wonderful too. But I guess I miss hearing *your* voice. I read your blog, and I see her influence more than I see you. You are a tremendously talented writer, and I suppose I miss the spontaneity and unique nature your blog used to have.

I hope I'm not coming across as too critical. I really do love reading your posts. But I wish you'd rely on your own individual style.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deidra said...

To be honest, there's lots of things I really like about your blog, but I'd like to see more than just "open letters" these days. I liked the interview series, although I'm not saying you have to bring it back! I'd just like to see you explore more topics, I guess. :)

As always, I like the honesty as well!

UjjwalRaaj said...

I've been following your blog since april...and well personally I don't think you should change anything at all.....there's always this warm, cosy feeling when someone comes on to this page.. ..It's like almost impossible to not smile on this blog.

Congratulations. Keep writing!

http://sourcanvas.blogspot.com

Jessi Haish said...

Thanks for the feedback everyone :) It really, really helps!

Molly said...

I have been reading your blog since it was a Blog of Note, and I can honestly say it is still my favorite blog to read to this date. I can relate to you so well, and you have such a poetic way of putting every day happenings. One of my personal favorite posts was this one: http://jhaish.blogspot.com/2010/06/if-you-wanna-be-good-girl-get-yourself.html However, I have really liked a lot of them. I do love the Totally Awesome Boy series, and you have a given me so much inspiration for some of my own blogs. I love your writing. Keep it up! And congratulations on your blogiversary. :)

Felicity said...

Hello,
I just found your blog for the first time. Happy blogiversary!

-Felicity
http://felicitylingle.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Всем привет, Буду надеятся что втарая часть будет не хуже первой

Msavanh said...

I stumbled upon your blog about a year ago and I can still honestly say that it's so inspiring to read. Every time I get to read your thoughts on here, it never ceases to amaze me how wonderful of a writer you are. I love everything that you've shared (whether I agreed with it or not). I hope I get to say Happy Blogiversary this time around (=

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails