Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

temptation strikes.


Temptation is temptation because it wasn't there until it didn't need to be.

Something has to go wrong in the current situation, or a void has to be filled for temptation to even be noticed. Or maybe, nothing of this sort ever existed before now.

It's a lot like what couples describe...people see you in a relationship, and suddenly the masses are forming in a line down the street and around the corner. They see how happy you are and they want part of it. Or maybe for some of them, they just desire being a home wrecker.

There you are. You've been living in this perfect picture;, it's everything you've wanted. It's everything you thought you wanted. But when other options are available, and they are trying so hard to get to your attention and worst of all get to you when you're at your lowest, it's a struggle. It's definitely one of the most complicated, terrible feelings in the world.

Because you don't know what to believe. Do you still want your original choice? But what about everything else, that is at times literally throwing itself at you? How can you determine what you want, what you need, and what is real?

photo via (we heart it)

8 comments:

Lydia said...

Your first sentence is like a Zen koan. :)

Great post. I hadn't been here for a bit and just look at all those followers!

Melissa Blake said...

I love the way you describe temptation here....the huge line forming behind you. :)

Mr Lonely said...

nice blog... have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...

RAY J said...

I'd say go with your gut instinct.

My 1st bf and I were together for just over 3 years when we broke up. He was the only guy I ever date and I was his only long-term relationship that lasted more than a month. We started dating in high school and went off to college together, but a lot changed that first year as we both started changing with our newfound independence and seemed like we wanted different things at the time.

I started talking to a friend of friend's and we had some things in common and it was a nice change from how things had been and I thought I had a shot with this guy and ended things with my bf.

Well, things never happened with the other guy but my now ex and I stayed close the rest of the semester and almost got back together after being single for a few months, but things happened, he did the macho guy thing and blew me off (which he admitted was stupid of him and regretted after I started dating someone else).

The guy I dated next I was with for 3 years before I started rethinking our relationship. I also started developing a crush on a good friend of mine (who's now my hubby! hehe) and the more the guy I was dating at the time screwed up and started not caring the more tempting it was to throw in the towel.

Granted, things weren't going too great anyway, but after one incident I had enough and moved on. In that case, the grass really was greener in other pastures, however I do sometimes wonder what would have happened if me and my 1st bf hadn't broken up or if we had gotten back together.

Trust your gut instinct though as the heart can be blinded by temptation and easily deceived.

Deidra said...

Sometimes, you just know. And your brain overcomplicates everything when you try to think it through rationally.

Or, if this isn't the case and you seriously don't know what to choose, writing helps. Things like this post might. I find that a personal journal that no one ever sees is helpful, because it allows me to change my mind as much and as often as I want without anyone judging me.

et said...

It feels good, once in a while, to get lost in temptation :)
But in the end, we do settle in our choices, good or bad, and keep smiling(provided u don't make any really serious wrong choices) ;)

Erica said...

I can resist everything except temptation...Oscar Wilde

Liesl @ FabulousFashions4SensibleStyle said...

This is oh so true, and something I have been pondering myself! Really enjoyed reading this!

Liesl :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails