Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

This Totally Awesome Boy. Part Eleven


In a low voice, he started singing along.

What the...

Even though I edged closer to the window, I found it reassuring. It was nice, and thankfully he didn't sing the entire song. After a minute or so, he skipped to the next track, and started singing again. This time he sang the entire thing.

“Hey There Delilah, what's it like in New York City? You're a thousand miles away but girl, tonight you look so pretty, yes you do...”

He looked at me. I looked at the time.

“I think we should go in now,” I said.

We made it through the lobby with all eyes watching us again. But this time I didn't notice as much. I couldn't stop thinking about his Peaceful Mix. I couldn't stop thinking about the Stetson Black. I couldn't stop thinking about what I had gotten myself into...once again.

Next thing I knew, the credits were rolling.

I opened my eyes when I felt a hand on my side. His arm was around me, my head was on his chest and I looked up into his eyes.

“How was your nap?”

As I was waking up, becoming more aware of my surroundings once again, I felt the weight of his hand on my side. I didn't mind. I also didn't mind the fuzziness of his sweater on my face. I didn't mind it at all.

Til we got out to the lobby.

photo via (we heart it)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails