Pages

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

This Totally Awesome Boy. Part Five


After some awkward small talk and me constantly wringing my hands, he switched everything up. He stopped beating around the bush and laid it on the line.

"Are we ever actually going to chill or not?"

I panicked. I didn't even know if I wanted to spend time with him outside of work. I knew that he liked me, but I still had no idea if I thought he was the scum of the earth or a friend, let alone a dating possibility.

So I looked at the list of movies we had for the week (oh how helpful to be working at a theater.) I scanned it up and down, secretly hoping I had seen them all and he wouldn't want to do anything after all. But I kept reading and a grin spread across my face.

"I want to see The Spy Next Door."

The latest Jackie Chan flick, sure to be terrible. Sure to be horrendous. Surely he wouldn't want to go see that with me...

"Okay. How about tomorrow?"

Shit.

I said yes. He knew it was a ridiculous movie, I knew it was a ridiculous movie, and I guess I was trying to test him and failed. But I had no idea what I was in for that night. He sent me a text that said "I'm on my way" and my stomach dropped. There was no way I could go through with this...right?

photo via (we heart it)

2 comments:

UjjwalRaaj said...

Give him a chance. Who knows?

And accept people the way they are? everyone has some shortcomings..right?


:)

Jaja said...

hope you post your date experience with this guy! I'm curious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails