Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

This Totally Awesome Boy. Part Ten


My father was once again in the front window, peeking obnoxiously through the blinds. He saw the import car. “How old is this guy? Is he a GRANDPA? That's a GRANDPA car. Plus it's FOREIGN.” (My father likes his American cars.)

I rolled my eyes and ran out the kitchen door once again. “Bye!”

I opened the unlocked door, slid in and heard music...that wasn't metal. It was rock but it wasn't metal. But I still smelled the strong cologne. We rode down the street in silence, until we arrived at the theater. He put the car in park, and I had realized that we had fifteen minutes before the movie started. “Do you like this music?” He said.

“Not really,” I admitted.

He pulled out a blue cd from his car visor. “What's that?” I said.

He showed it to me. It said Peaceful Mix.

What the...

For some reason, he skipped over the first song. But I instantly recognized the second song. The opening riff. It was “Smells Like Teen Spirit,” by Nirvana...my second favorite band.

I grinned. “You call this peaceful?”
“Compared to my other music, yes.”

“Oh.” We listened in complete silence, but it was fine with me. Maybe this kid wasn't completely hopeless after all.

Then, the next track.

I instantly recognized the opening part to this song as well. “I can play this on guitar,” he said. I was surprised that it didn't come off as cocky as I expected. He was just saying. It was Lifehouse's “Hanging by a Moment.”

But what really freaked me out was what he did next.

photo via (we heart it)

1 comment:

J. Nelson said...

Whoa! That last sentence just got me all curious. Nice. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails