Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

This Totally Awesome Boy. Part Twelve


He almost seemed...proud. Not quite arrogant, but proud. He looked at one of our male coworkers and grinned saying, “sleepyhead fell asleep again.”

I instantly became mad.

I went into the bathroom and took as long as I could. I noticed the red spot on my cheek where I had rested it on his chest. I rubbed at it furiously, only making the problem worse. When I left the bathroom, he was standing near the water fountains, still boasting. I started walking toward the door. After a moment, he got the point.

He took me home.

The next day, my parents (especially my dad) had questions.

“Who IS this guy?”
“When are we going to meet him?”
“Are you two a couple?”

I didn't know. I didn't know what we were. Now that I thought about it, I didn't really know him. All I knew was that he was interested in me. Even after falling asleep on two of our dates. Oh, and he smelled nice. Why was he interested in me again?

“When are we gonna chill again?”

Was this kid serious?

I made up a rule that with the third date, the guy had to meet my dad and my mom. (According to my father.) Honestly, I was testing him again. (No wonder I'd been single for forever!)

I made up the rule to see if he thought it was worth it. To see if he would go through with it. To see if I could get him to get me from my door, instead of sitting in his car in the driveway.

His answer scared me.

photo via (we heart it)

1 comment:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

The fact that he made that crack says it all!. omg..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails