Pages

Saturday, December 04, 2010

To All the Stupid People in My Life: Eff You.


There's a lot of stupid people in my life.
You may say, well why would you let stupid people be in your life?
But that's the problem. I don't let them. They just keep showing up.

I'm practically notorious for "going through" people fairly quickly. I know this, and I accept this. But the way I see it is that life is too short to be hanging out with pointless people doing pointless things. I want something out of my life. So if you're in my life and you're messing it up: you're out. That means after all these years, I'm finally kicking the drama to the curb.

I don't deal with stupidity. But then there's the people that I can't escape. These people aren't my friends, these people aren't my family. I can deal with THEM. I can pardon myself and exit quietly. But it's the people that I'm forced to socialize with: in academic, work, or extracurricular situations that I just can't take anymore.

Maybe I've been so successful and so happy eliminating the BS from my life that it comes back to bite me in the butt. Maybe this is the way life is going to even itself out. I have to deal with these people somewhere, so why not at work? Why not have authority figures in my life that have no idea what they're doing and what harm they are causing by being just plain stupid?

There's so many stupid people in my life.

I've tried being thankful for them. It's true, I can see a sad, stupid person in their 40s with his life going nowhere because he's so set in his ways and go "Hey. I'm so glad I am seeing this so I don't become this."

But I feel like I've had enough lessons. It's just getting old.

5 comments:

commoncents said...

NICE POST! I'm glad I found this blog!!

Steve
Common Cents
http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

Kara said...

Well said.

Deidra said...

I feel the exact same way.

Thankfully, you know that eventually, you can get out of the situations that you're stuck with stupid people in.

But the people that you care about and choose to keep in your life: that's more permanent. :)

rose said...

My dad always says, just learn not to be like them, but yes it gets old, especially when all you can think is "i could never be like them! not ever!" I don't feel like stupid people are really teaching me anything, just getting in my way!

rose xxx
peopletellme.blogspot.com

Sara said...

Jessi, pretty much love this. We must have been on the same page as I am sure you have seen my FB today! :)

Keep 'em coming!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails