Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Greatest Hits: My Childhood

The first album I ever purchased was Britney Spears' self titled album. I was about eight or nine years old. Growing up in the 90s (born in 1990!) I had the same play list as every elementary school child: a little Backstreet Boys, a lot of NSync, a little Christina, a lot of Britney. I've decided to compile the Greatest Hits of my Childhood. So here they are: the songs that were the soundtrack to my playground days. It was a time when Spice World was my favorite movie and my biggest worry was what to wear to school that day.


...Baby One More Time
Britney Spears

Wannabe
Spice Girls

What a Girl Wants
Christina Aguilera

Tearin' Up My Heart
NSync

Say You'll Be There
Spice Girls

Jumpin' Jumpin'
Destiny's Child

Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)
Backstreet Boys

Genie in a Bottle
Christina Aguilera

It's Gonna Be Me
NSync

Hey Mr. DJ (Keep Playing This Song)
Backstreet Boys

Sometimes
Britney Spears

I Do (Cherish You)
98 Degrees

Summer Girls
LFO

No Scrubs
TLC

MMMBop
Hanson

The Boy is Mine
Brandy & Monica

Barbie Girl
Aqua

That Don't Impress Me Much
Shania Twain

Follow You Down
Gin Blossoms

Back Here
BBMak

photo via (we heart it)

6 comments:

UjjwalRaaj said...

Haha,God I remember all these tracks used to play on the radio when I was in elementary school.....aah those days where I'd save up and go buy tapes and the guy at the counter had to bend over to see me! I have a post like this drafted...similar theme.

I don't know if it's a generation thing.....but somehow the music of the 90s was very happy. You could listen to songs that weren't about sex, drugs or getting drunk, and feel really good about yourself.

Most parents will tell their kids that the music of their time during high school and college was the better than the stuff playing currently....but somehow I can never see myself doing that.

Considering I've spent most of the years 'growing up' in the later half of the decade, I still feel that most of the stuff today is trash.

I mean you see 7 year olds with a blackberries and loaded on music full of negativity. Even Nickelodeon was so much better at the time!

Loved this post! =D

Molly said...

My favorite was "As Long As You Love Me" by the Backstreet Boys. :P I have it on my iPod...haha. :)

Levonne said...

Hi Jessi, Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day and leaving a comment. (A Camp Host's Meanderings and Levonne's Pretty Pics.) Although I in my 30's in the 80's, my favorites from the list are That Don't Impress Me Much Shania Twain and Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)Backstreet Boys. In fact I loved those two songs and listened to them as much as possible. Nice new look to your blog by the way!

Geordie said...

WOW i remember all these songs so well, i may only be 3 years younger than you, but it brings back memories of dancing round my house in riduculous outfits and wanting too be brittney spears when i grew up : )

Ashton King said...

Great list. This makes me feel so old. lol

Siobhan said...

WHOOOHOOOOO ROCK OUT WITH IT WOOP WOOP!!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails