Pages

Thursday, January 06, 2011

This Totally Awesome Boy. Part Fifteen


I wrote a Facebook status about sucking in my biology class. A guy from high school responded. I hadn't talked to him since graduation but I had known him since elementary school. He offered to help me study for my next test. And I said yes. He was cute and I did need the help.

We met and went over notes and he helped me cover the chapter. When we were done, we started talking about music. We both loved it, and had insanely similar tastes. When we left, he asked if I would want to hang out that weekend, maybe see a movie? I said sure.

That Friday night, nothing seemed to be going right. After getting a bloody nose as soon as he pulled into my driveway, I figured that things couldn't get much worse. I guess that was the understatement of the year. It was truly the Date From Hell. To make matters worse, we went to the theater I work at. To make matters even more worse, HE was working. To top everything off, he was checking IDs at the door of an R Rated movie...our movie. He was standing right at the entrance. So there's my bio tutor, reaching my hand, my hand went for my pocket.

"Hey," we both said as he glanced at our tickets. I saw a look in his eyes that I hadn't seen before. He seemed to look at me and Date from Hell as if we were doing something wrong. It was sad. He looked broken. But we walked into the theater and took our seats.

photo via (we heart it)

6 comments:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

so when is your next date?

albi said...

I've been following your blog on & off (as I do with everything), but since you started with this story I always check if you've already posted the next part. I'm so intrigued to know what happens next!
I must say I feel really sorry for Tab though! After one too many encounters with jerks I really appreciate a 'good guy'. Or at least, that's what he seems to me.

I look forward to the next post! :)

Molly said...

Ahhhhh! Cliff-hanger! :D Can't wait for more!

Jessi Haish said...

Thanks so much for reading everyone :) They'll keep coming back on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'm so glad you're reading and I hope you like how it ends! Yes, tab is a good guy :)

Grace said...

whoa this is so gripping.

$|<@77€®|\/|1|\||)€|) said...

Ouch, I remember this very well. I remember being on 6 and 7's door checking ID's and you and him coming in. You looked shocked ha, it was funny but sad at the same time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails