Pages

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

This Totally Awesome Boy. Part Fourteen


We had not talked for about two weeks. That would certainly mean no talking at work. I'd see him and avert my eyes; I'd maybe give an awkward nod here and there. I don't know what I was thinking or feeling at the time. All I know for sure is that I believed he was moving too fast. He was a sweet guy and I had given him a chance, but he was talking fairly serious and I had never really even been on 'real dates' prior. I guess I simply panicked. So I did what I had done with plenty of other people before -- I backed out. We had gone on two dates and I was done.

Although I had enjoyed his company, I told myself that it wasn't going to work out. That I couldn't picture myself with him.
He texted me almost every day just wanting to talk. Just wanting to see how I was doing. He wasn't prying, he wasn't even asking what had gone wrong. But by that time I had completely shut down. I guess I was scared. I didn't want to get involved. I had never done anything like this before and I didn't want to get hurt. I ignored his attempts at talking. But his face never left my mind.

A few weeks after the big Facebook post, life almost seemed normal. He was texting less and I was just...living. Then one day I was failing biology.


photo via (we heart it)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails