Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

This Totally Awesome Boy. Part Twenty One


But he pulled out his iPod and plugged it into the stereo. He scrolled through the music for a moment, then picked a play list. Aerosmith, my favorite band, started playing.

"I made a play list on my iPod of music you actually like," he said. "I know that you don't like my music, so I thought some classic rock would be better for you."

I beamed. That was the greatest gift of all. Great music, and I wouldn't have to listen to his rap or metal? It was amazing. Plus the fact that he had put so much thought into the music; there were so many of my favorite Aerosmith songs!

"Crazy" by Aerosmith came on.

"Girl you drive me crazy..."

I realized I had been daydreaming to the song. I looked up and over at him. He was looking right back at me.

"Crazy, crazy, crazy for you baby..."

He looked me in the eyes and did a come-hither cocking of his index finger. I breathed for a moment while I decided just what the heck I was supposed to do.

I slid over toward him, and he put his hand on my face. Finally, he kissed me. It was like everything was falling into place for the first time. It was like the sun and the moon eclipsed. It was like everything was right in the world.

I slid back over to my side and just sat there. I had a grin on my face, but his was even greater. After some more small talk, I said good night and went inside. But not without one more peck.

I had no idea what I was doing, what was going on, or what was going to happen from there on out. I didn't even know what tomorrow was going to bring. But in the moment, I just lived.

photo via (we heart it)

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Awh, him making that playlist for you is so sweet! Those are the best gestures. Overbearing things like the note he posted about you on facebook scare people away; this time he got it right. It wasn't too overwhelming, just the right amount of attention and care. He sounds like a lovely guy.

UjjwalRaaj said...

Wow, can't believe it's been 21 posts already!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails