Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Interview With: A Disney Princess

I've known Christina since elementary school, but this semester she decided to shake up her college experience.

So, what are you up to this semester?

I am doing an awesome internship down in Orlando, FL called the Disney College Program. I am working at attractions in Tomorrowland where I work three attractions; Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, Carousel of Progress, and Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor. I am also taking an interactive Disney exploration class where I get to learn a wealth of information about Disney History and go play in the parks for homework. Not to mention all of the cool things I get to do around the Disney housing complex such as swimming, parties, and playing tennis, soccer etc.

How did you get involved?

I noticed the flyers at my college and went to an orientation. I also did some research online and found out it would be the perfect fit for me.

Why did you choose to do this?

I wanted to do something amazing. I wanted to take a step towards something positive and I also am undecided about what university to transfer to so I thought this would give me some time and experience to figure that out. I also love Disney and magic it conveys to the world. Who wouldn't want to be in the Happiest Place on Earth!

What’s a typical day like?

1. Wake up at a ridiculously early hour, such as 4 AM
2. Get dressed in "costume"
3. Drive 20 minutes to get to Magic Kingdom
4. Take a bus to get into the tunnels at Magic Kingdom
5. Clock in behind the Monsters show
6. Go to training/work for 6-8 hours depending on the day
7. Make MAGIC happen
8. Get back on bus and go back to parking lot.
9. Drive back to apartment
10. Get some FOOD and possibly go to Downtown Disney
11. On my days off I do go to the parks and have a lot of fun, don't forget the beaches either.(Cast members get into the park for free)
12. I am constantly doing things, you never get bored here.


What do you do for fun?

Of course go to the parks and ride on every single ride I can possibly get onto. Also, I try to see as many shows as I can too.

What’s one thing you’ve learned so far?

I learned the Carousel of Progress attraction was actually featured in the New York World's Fair in 1964 at Walt Disney's "baby". It has moved three times from the World's Fair to Disneyland to Disney World.

Best experience so far?

Helping a child from the Make a Wish Foundation get onto the Buzz Lightyear Ride. He was so cute and it felt good to help him experience the magic of Disney World.

Alright, now some Disney questions.

Favorite Disney movie?


Sleeping Beauty

Favorite Disney princess?


Princess Aurora

Favorite Disney character?

Eeyore

Favorite Disney theme park ride?

Kilamanjaro Safari

Anything else you’d like to add?

I would encourage anyone who wants an awesome and positive experience to try the Disney College Program. Everyone here is so nice and the atmosphere is very positive. It isn't surprising to see how many people who are famous or successful started off in the Disney College Program, such as Steve Martin. It also looks wonderful to have this experience on a resume and you have the chance to earn college credit if your college allows. Remember, "Let's not forget it all started with a mouse"-Walt Disney.

3 comments:

Anthony Hodgson said...

I'm not jealous in any way that you work at Disney ( he lies). In England we would get a chance to work at Alton towers, a very expensive and poor theme park!. Good on you hope it all works out.

Kanwalful said...

Omg - this sounds soooo amazing. I wish i lived in the US to be able to do this! =(

But good luck to the princess with her experience. =)

Cait said...

ohmygosh your blog is great! how amazing to able to do this :) xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails