Pages

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

This Totally Awesome Boy. Part Twenty Two


The next day, he had to work. We were both busy, and we didn't see each other. Since he was working, I didn't hear from him very much. But I didn't put two and two together at the time. I was freaking out. As happy as I was with everything that had happened the night before, I had butterflies in my stomach. As much interest as he showed in me, I thought it was all over.

I replayed almost everything that had happened so far with him. We had made small talk in the beginning, just as coworkers. He started texting me, expressing interest, and I turned away. I realized he was interested in me, gave him the benefit of the doubt, and we went on a few dates. Then he wrote an over-the-top Facebook post about me, and I turned away. It took a lame date with someone else to realize that Totally Awesome Boy wasn't that bad. So I came back, and look at where we were. I had finally let my guard down, and let someone in. I was so scared.

Late that night, he asked if I was free the next night. I said yes, then he texted me:

"Would it bother you if we were dating by the end of the night?"

He was being cautious by asking that, or so it seemed anyway. Maybe he didn't want to scare me away, like he had so many times before. Either way, I had to tell him exactly what was on my mind.


photo via (we heart it)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails