Pages

Thursday, February 03, 2011

This Totally Awesome Boy. Part Twenty Three




"We will just have to see."

It was later when we finally got around to hanging out. I think we were both nervous. We drove around and around and around. It seemed never-ending. Finally, we were stopped at one of the longest stoplights downtown. We sat there, his hand on top of mine. He turned to me and smiled.

"So, will you be my girlfriend?"


Once again, everything came rushing back to me. All the times I fell asleep on our dates, our awkward long drives, the Facebook note...

Then I thought about all the fun times: all the times I fell asleep on our dates and he laughed at me, our awkward long drives while he sang to his "Peaceful Mix" CD, his play list he made for me of all my favorite classic rock. The way he hung around all this time even though I couldn't make up my mind. The fact that he waited around, and didn't move on to the next girl like another guy would. Maybe he truly cared. Maybe I should have seen it sooner.


I panicked. I scooted back in my seat. My mouth started to form a 'no...'

Just kidding.

The light turned green and I said yes. We've been together ever since. The biggest and best risk this cautious girl has ever taken.


We may have not taken the most conventional route to get to where we are, and it's not always perfect, but it's always, ALWAYS worth it.

The End.


Epilogue: This Totally Awesome Boy series ended with Part 23. After writing, I realized we started dating the 23rd of March 2010.

4 comments:

IT Tips said...

That fantastic! realy! these website is way better then everything I ever saw.


Kid Rock Tickets

Defiant Princess said...

Just so you know, I read every part of This Totally Awesome Boy , and I loved it !
:)

http://khanvibes.blogspot.com/

violet said...

Ahh! I'm so happy for you! :)

The Lucid Dreamer said...

:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails