Pages

Friday, March 04, 2011

OMG, it's PIP


This week in 1986...Pretty in Pink was released. When I realized this, I instantly wanted to watch the movie. So guess what I'm doing this weekend? You probably guessed it.


Pretty in Pink is right up there in my top favorite movies. It has always spoken to me, though I can't say I fit in with the story at all-- and I can't make any sort of relation to it. It's always been better than Sixteen Candles OR The Breakfast Club...at least in my mind.


Andie was awesome with her pink car and admirable clothes making skills. Ducky was the best friend I would kill to have, and Blane...he's just adorable. Watching this movie 25 years after it was first released..I'd do anything to have Andrew McCarthy wrapped around my finger.


I was on Moviefone's blog and found some cool facts about the movie. Check em out! I was pretty surprised by most of them. And if you haven't seen the movie yet, go watch it, now! This blog post will still be here when you get back.


Robert Downey Jr. Almost Played Duckie.
Ringwald felt more of a romantic spark with RD Jr than Jon Cryer. Go figure, right?


The original ending had Andie & Duckie getting together.
Test audiences hated it.


Some Kind of Wonderful does it...but not better.
Some Kind of Wonderful is Pretty in Pink with a sex change..and different ending...and Ringwald was almost in that movie too. But she turned down the part of the "best friend" and John Hughes never spoke to Ringwald again. Ringwald said Some Kind of Wonderful was too much like the work she'd done in Pretty in Pink. Well, yeah...


So have you put in the movie yet? Why not?!

Just LOOK at him!

photos via (we heart it)

3 comments:

mskonie said...

I love 80s movies :)

commoncents said...

Great Post! I'm glad I found your blog!!

Steve
Common Cents
http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.


Web Design

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails