Pages

Thursday, June 09, 2011

30 Day Challenge: No More Soda


I know that my last 30 Day Challenge didn't go so well. And although I've attempted this before, this time, I'm really determined to make it happen.

I'm going to give up what we here in the Midwest call "pop." "Soda" to the rest of you.

Why? I'm not sure. I've always been crazy about my brown pop. Rootbeer, Coke, Pepsi...as long as it was brown, I was down. But lately, I've felt the need to improve my life a little, and this seems like a good start.

Someone who gave up pop years ago (and stuck with it!) told me that once you give it up for a month, you can pretty much be done with it forever. So this is my new challenge: I'm giving up the soda pop for one month, starting technically tomorrow (as I just finished a Pepsi moments ago.)

I'll get headaches, I'll get irritated, but I'm going to try and do this. Looks like I'm going to need a lifetime supply of my favorite non-soda drink: Arizona Grapeade.


What do you think? Have you given up soda? Any tips for me?

5 comments:

Rodney said...

I can't say that I've given up soda. But I've tried. One of the things that got me up to a whole SEVEN days, was using soda bottles with other drinks.

I took the 20oz bottles and filled them with Iced Tea, Water, Fruit Punch, whatever. It felt like I was drinking soda, but I wasn't!

Unfortunately, I fell of the wagon at a birthday party when they didn't have anything else but soda or beer and I was driving so I couldn't drink the beer!

http://dilking2002.blogspot.com/

Erica said...

What a coincidence. I just gave up soda and I have been drinking water endlessly the last two weeks!! I thought it would be difficult, but once you start it's not so bad!

Anonymous said...

Seltzer water.

Jeff said...

Two to three weeks and you won't miss it. I haven't had any since May '09.

Good luck!

Grace said...

I never drank a whole lot of soda to begin with, but i recently stopped drinking dark sodas because of health reasons, and I haven't really missed it a whole lot. I know that I am being healthier to my body.

A great thing to replace it with is juices--there are a lot of great ones out there! and are much healthier than pop. (i'm a midwesterner too ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails