Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Black Music Month....the Playlist

June marks Black Music Month, so of course I had to pay tribute with my own playlist! Here are my favorites from every genre... Rock, soul, country, rap, pop....


I Care 4 U - Aaliyah
At Last - Etta James
Gimme That - Chris Brown
It Ain't Over til It's Over - Lenny Kravitz
Shark in the Water - V.V. Brown
ABC - The Jackson 5
Please Help Me I'm Falling - Charley Pride
Show Me What You Got - Jay Z
Sittin' On the Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding
Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers
Nasty - Janet Jackson
Express Yourself - N.W.A.
Knock You Down - Keri Hilson feat. Ne-Yo
(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman - Aretha Franklin
Killing Me Softly With His Song - Fugees
Family Affair - Mary J. Blige
Gangsta' Lovin - Eve feat. Alicia Keys
Stand by Me - Ben E. King
Can You See Me - Jimi Hendrix
King of Rock - Run DMC
Midnight Train to Georgia - Gladys Knight & the Pips
Don't Think I Don't Think About It - Darius Rucker
If I Were a Boy - Beyonce
I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
Pretty Please (Love Me) - Estelle
Battlefield - Jordin Sparks
Ain't That a Shame - Fats Domino
Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours - Stevie Wonder
Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Marvin Gaye
Tutti Frutti - Little Richard
Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry
I Got a Woman - Ray Charles
Yeah! - Usher
The Best - Tina Turner
I Got You (I Feel Good) - James Brown
A Change is Gonna Come - Sam Cooke
Tears of a Clown - Smokey Robinson & the Miracles
Super Freak - Rick James
I Would Die 4 U - Prince
Thriller - Michael Jackson

And yes, this is a long playlist...I couldn't narrow it down! There's still so many more songs that deserve recognition. Which would you add?


photo via *we heart it*

2 comments:

UjjwalRaaj said...

THE HUSTLE!!!!!! VAN MCCOY!

Meher said...

That's quite a list you got there. Makes me want to make one of my own. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails