Pages

Monday, June 06, 2011

Summer Road Trip Playlist 2011

Way back in April I received this email:

Nita Stelling has left a new comment on your post "Road Trip Playlist":

Starting out the first few kilometers with Jimi Hendrix or The Rolling Stones is quite priceless. It's as if we're in this vivid scene of an 80s movie where we're about to enter a long highway. So, is there a change of songs for this year's playlist, Jessi?


Well, Nita. I didn't forget about the playlist and I didn't forget about your comment. However, I didn't think the world was ready in April for the release. But now that it's June, I think it's time. So without further ado, here is my Summer Road Trip Playlist 2011. There's something for everyone, whether it's old school Kenny Loggins, or little Willow Smith, so shuffle them to your heart's content! Although last year's was featured around driving, road, and summer songs, this list is full of pure feel-good songs for a top-down, feet-on-the-dash kind of road trip. Don't forget your sunglasses!

I'm Alright - Kenny Loggins
Electric Feel - MGMT
Hot in Herre - Nelly
I Want You - Kelly Clarkson
Whip My Hair - Willow Smith
I Do - Colbie Caillat
California Gurls - Katy Perry feat. Snoop Dogg
Where Are We Runnin'? - Lenny Kravitz
Any Way You Want It/Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin' - Glee Cast
Paradise - Ana Serrano van der Laan
Good Girls Go Bad - Cobra Starship feat. Leighton Meester
Caught Up in You - .38 Special
She's So High - Tal Bachman
Ocean Avenue - Yellowcard
Lollipop - Mika
The Way You Make Me Feel - Michael Jackson
You Sexy Thing - Hot Chocolate
Do Ya - Electric Light Orchestra
Just Push Play - Aerosmith
One Way or Another - Blondie
Push It - Salt n Pepa
I'm Only Me When I'm With You - Taylor Swift
Just a Friend - Biz Markie
Party Like a Rockstar - Shop Boyz
So What - P!nk
Tik Tok - Ke$ha
Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon
Check Yes Juliet - We the Kings
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
Let's Go Crazy - Prince
Do You Believe in Magic? - The Lovin' Spoonful
Shake Your Pom Pom - Missy Elliott
I Believe in a Thing Called Love - The Darkness
Rebel Rebel - David Bowie
Pour Some Sugar on Me - Def Leppard
Take Me Home Tonight - Eddie Money


Check out last year's list here!

photos via (we heart it)

6 comments:

Jenny in Ohio said...

excellent driving-with-the-windows down list! :)
Thanks for the blog visit today!

Jenna Lee said...

I believe in a thing called love is one of my favorite songs of ALL time! Great summer song list. Glad Taylor make it to the list.

Erica said...

great choices! Love the mix of different genres

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

oooh this is a good list!!! thanks for letting me know about it!!!

Liz said...

We always listen to the Eagles on our road trips. "Take It Easy."

Great list!

Nita Stelling said...

Oh wow, you remember my comment! Awesome!

Road trips are supposed to *feel good* and this playlist of yours can just make it so much better! Perfect picks - you got everything covered. Now let's start driving with these songs on the player, and yeah, roll the windows down!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails