Pages

Saturday, July 09, 2011

To cut or not to cut?


I've been feeling slightly adventurous and carefree lately. Blame it on summer. So carefree, in fact, that I'm considering doing something somewhat crazy.

Cutting my own hair.


I have a pixie cut right now thanks to the salon, so I figure if I trimmed and thinned my own hair I couldn't really hurt it. After all, it's only hair...right?


I thought I'd pick up a pair of nice scissors and thinning shears and just try it out. It's only hair, and who knows, over the course of a year it could actually save a decent amount of money: no haircuts every 2-3 weeks, and no tips for the salon person..

Do you cut your own hair? Do you have any tips?

5 comments:

Erica said...

Yay, I won the giveaway!

OMG, cutting one's own hair. I have done this many times. And there is usually a buzzer involved! I last cut my own hair a couple of months ago and it was a pretty good job. But now I finally found a hairdresser who knows how to cut it so I have tried not to do it myself. :) I am a DIY person though. I even dye my hair (pink bangs, ahh college), it's just hair, it grows back.

Erica said...

My best tips:
Keep the cut simple. Less room for error.

Use two mirrors. One for front view and one for back

Cut it mostly dry, just a bit damp

Use a comb, it helps get the hair even

If you want to layer it, measure each section with what you have already cut

If buzzing 3 or 4 is a good number

If not perfect, save touch-ups for the next day, it comes out better that way

Nate said...

Do it! What's the worst that can happen? It looks terrible and grows back?

Live life!!!!

Grace said...

I've cut my hair before. I'm with you on saving money! I looked up some videos on youtube. My hair was longer when I cut it so it would be different than yours now. It actually turned out pretty good. The only thing that discourages me now is the fact that I will have to clean up all the hair that gets everywhere---but last time I was able to get most of it into a plastic bag while I was cutting it so it wasn't too messy. Good luck!

chris said...

cut cut cut!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails