Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Music Monday: My first album

Like most people, I am proud of the first album I ever purchased. I think it really defined my elementary school years, and because of it, the artist is someone I respect to this day...despite everything. My first album was Britney Spears' "...Baby One More Time."


The sugary-sweet album was perfect for me when I was the ripe age of nine. "(You Drive Me) Crazy" would be my favorite Spears song of all time, and as I continued to collect her albums throughout my life, the nostalgia never faded. She shaved her head; I still couldn't let her go. She's far from winning Parent of the Year, but I still respected her. Because she had been in my life since I was eight years old, she could do no wrong in my eyes.

Although today she may not be making the greatest music, and I miss the days of her and JT, I still respect her. She was like my musical version of a big sister. Although Jessica may have had a television show, Christina a better voice, and Mandy an acting career, Britney is and always will be my favorite of them all. What a fun, perfect album.

What was your first album, and do you still listen to it?

3 comments:

Shia said...

My first albums were actually ALBUMS!!! How crazy is that?!? Anyways..it was Purple Rain by Prince! Great Christmas gift for a 5 yr old =) I loved it though...I think I also got Madonna (who I adored growing up even thought I was 5) and Michael Jackson.

David Rotherham said...

Mine was Chuck Berry's Golden Decade on tape. I am not old enough to remember 50's rock'n'roll, but there was a big revival thing when I was a teen. I do still occasionally listen to the replacement CD, or more often youTube Chuck Berry performances and bore my Facebook friends with the links

$|<@77€®|\/|1|\||)€|) said...

I think that this is an awesome post, love. My first album was Millenium by Back Street Boys, soooo its pretty lame ha. I don't listen to them except on the rare occasions with you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails