Pages

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Songs of Summer 2011....the Playlist


I'm not usually one for the "popular" songs on the radio. I'm not a Top 40 girl. This summer though, the Top 40 is actually kind of...interesting me. There are some great songs that I can't deny my iPod. Here are the select few I've heard and enjoyed the past couple of months. And if I'm a few months behind on this pop scene, don't make fun of me!

It's August, it's hot, it's summer. These songs are perfect for almost any summer occasion: a day at the lake, a cruise through downtown, eating ice cream with friends. It's Songs of Summer 2011...the Playlist.

Save Me, San Francisco - Train
Price Tag - Jessie J feat. B.o.B.
Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) - Katy Perry
What the Hell - Avril Lavigne
Give Me Everything - Pitbull
Who Says - Selena Gomez & The Scene
Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5
On the Floor - Jennifer Lopez
Something to Believe In - Parachute
MoneyGrabber - Fitz & the Tantrums
Tonight Tonight - Hot Chelle Rae
Good Life - OneRepublic
Best Thing I Never Had - Beyonce
Honey Bee - Blake Shelton
The Lazy Song -Bruno Mars
Blow - Ke$ha
Just Can't Get Enough - The Black Eyed Peas


photo via (we heart it)

5 comments:

Chris said...

I like this, I have never understood the real point of playlists until I read this one. This is fantastic and you will deff have to play these songs for me :).

Nate said...

I love Ne-Yo's voice in 'Give Me Everything'. It's such an epic chorus that is only made better and better as the volume gets louder and louder!

XeL said...

So glad you have "Blow" and some Katy Perry!! You definitely need to check out "Friday is Forever" by We the Kings!! The best stereotypical summer song this decade!!! Live forever in Friday! :D

Kendall said...

Yes. This is a great list! I need to update my music so badly!

Erica said...

My fav is Give me Everything! I alternate between singing Ne Yo's part and then rapping Pitbull's part. I love LMFAO Party Rock Anthem too!! Def a summer song!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails