Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Doin' the iPod Shuffle

For the first time in a long time, let's hit shuffle on the old iPod and see what the first five songs are!


1) You Can't Always Get What You Want (Re-mixed for 21) - The Rolling Stones
Did anyone else see the movie 21? I loved it, and I loved this version of the Stones classic that played in the credits. I'm usually not too keen on remixes, especially of classic rock songs, but this song is really funky and different. After hearing it in the movie, I had to have it! Plus, you just can't go wrong listening to the Rolling Stones.

2) Hold On - Jonas Brothers
Yes, when the Jo Bros were at their peak, I adored them. Their music is so catchy, and the bros are so cute! But "Hold On" reminds me of a mix CD my bff had in her car senior year. I remember driving around at night with her, singing this song at the top of our lungs. The Jonas Brothers did make good music: it was simple and happy.


3) Goody, Goody - Ella Fitzgerald
One of my coworkers and I recently had a conversation about his love for jazz music, something I really didn't know much about. But I walked away from that conversation feeling inspired, and got my fix of Ella, Louis Armstrong, Frank Sinatra and many others. Jazz music is great for just about any situation!

4) Give Me Novocaine - Green Day
I went through a phase years ago where I absolutely could not stand Green Day, and it was around the time the album American Idiot was released. I just didn't like it. But I think Green Day has to grow on you, and I think it takes time. I now have multiple GD albums and although I'm not constantly listening to them, they're a pleasant surprise when they come up on shuffle. If you want to hear a great rendition of this song, check out the remix of this song with Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody." It's brilliant.

5) (I Can't Believe) She Gives it All to Me - Conway Twitty
I have to thank my mom for this one. My mother loves Conway Twitty, and I heard a lot of his music playing in the house when I was a kid. Listening to him now just gives me a happy, familiar feeling that can't be replaced, and that's why his music will always be on my iPod. Thanks to my parents, I have a deep appreciation for classic country music. I think it's the most genuine of all music genres.

photo via (we heart it)

7 comments:

Chris said...

I didn't know that your mom like Conway Twitty that is actually pretty awesome lol. Im glad to have found out something new. Moving on, I really like this post because it shows that YOU aren't in control of everything no matter how much you want to be. It allows randomness to come into your life and make it to where you can escape from reality. I love the freedom of this post, and wish that you would do some more posts like this of the random songs that come onto your ipod.

Jenna Lee said...

Wow! Some Conway in there! I'm impressed! Very nice and diverse selection!

Paislea Elyse said...

thanks for visiting my blog!!!

i love the songs you've picked! i admit that i listen to jonas brothers every once in a while, too. it's like my guilty pleasure!!

allister bee blog

Stephanie said...

What a variety! I love it!

Samantha said...

It's been years and years but I LOVE that Give Me Novocaine song. Yay for old favorites! You have such a cute blog, by the way!

xo, Samantha
http://theadventuresoftwosams.blogspot.com/

Missed Periods said...

It's great that you appreciate such different genres.

Carolynn Cecilia said...

This is the most awesomely random list of 5 songs that ever existed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails