Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

I saw Lion King 3D and partied like it was 1994.

....or I cried like a baby. I forgot how great that movie is, since I haven't seen it in years, and I was surprised at how much I remembered. But little jokes that I obviously never understood before? I finally got them! And the opening scene had me in tears. I was an emotional mess, and it was fantastic. Thank you Disney, for this masterpiece and for bringing it back for new generations to enjoy. It was brilliant. Now, I have a few other suggestions for you...

I want to see other Disney classics on the big screen. Just consider it. I grew up on this stuff, and nothing beats it! These are my five suggestions you should re-release to the big screen. My generation (and others!) will continue to thank you, love you, and worship you.


5) Hercules
I've always thought that this movie was underrated. I would love to see the fight scenes in 3D, and hear that great gospel music pounding through the big sound system in the theater!

4) The Little Mermaid
Seeing the mermaids and fish swimming around in 3D would be incredible. Imagine all the bright colors; this movie would be a feast for the eyes!

3) Tarzan
Tarzan is action packed, and definitely one of my favorite Disney movies. The roar and sights of the jungle would be perfect for a 3D film, especially when Tarzan is swinging from vine to vine.

2) Aladdin
Aladdin was a movie that I absolutely treasured as a child, and I think many others would agree. I want to see the magic carpet soar through the air on the big screen! This movie has such a great story that needs to reach even more generations of children.

1) Beauty and the Beast
Beauty and the Beast is hands down my favorite Disney movie of all time, and apparently the 2nd most popular for everyone else (after Lion King.) The music is wonderful, the story is perfect, and the characters are like old friends. Please, bring  this to the big screen in 3D, you won't regret it!

Did you see Lion King 3D? What Disney movie would you like to see brought back to the big screen?

photos via (we heart it)

7 comments:

MAVEN AMY said...

awesome choices! jane from tarzan has to be my favorite disney heroine.

i personally would love to see the jungle book and robin hood in the theaters.

Katlyn said...

The Lion King is my all time favorite Disney movie since the first time I watched it as a kid. And I'm still watching it once in a while on DVD.

Yamilette27 said...

Great write-up! I do remember watching "The Lion King" and was fascinated with it just like every other girl and boy in the audience. This almost makes me want to go watch something on 3-D!
Your other five choices were spot on with mine too.

RAY J said...

They need to put Aladdin on DVD again, as I somehow missed it 10 years ago or so and that's the only Disney movie from my childhood that I loved and don't own on DVD yet (others include Lady and the Tramp, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid and The Lion King).

I'm planning on getting Jay Tarzan for Christmas as he's watched it on VHS a few times at my mom's house and he seemed to enjoy it - he especially LOVES the scene/song where the animals are trashing the camp, cracking up the whole time lol...

Erica said...

I always liked Mulan because she was such a tough cookie and didn't need a prince to save her.

PeeVee said...

Cartoons make me nostalgic, they make me yearn to go back to a time when life was simpler.
And how I love Disney. How so very much.

Ashton King said...

I am so glad you put Beauty & the Beast on here. As I was scrolling I was afraid you'd left it out!

The Little Mermaid would be awesome in 3D. It's always been one of my favorites.

I'd like to see The Jungle Book and The Aristocats in theaters again, as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails