Pages

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Maybe I've always fancied gingers.

What can I say? I was sitting in bed wondering what to write about, when I started reflecting on my past. When I do this, my mind tends to wander to one of my favorite topics to think and write about...old crushes.  I thought about the new kid in eighth grade who wanted to be a magician. I thought about the guy I had my first slow dance with. I thought about my current and first true boyfriend. I thought about the one thing they all have in common: luscious, red/blonde/orange locks of hair.

My favorite ginger...making some sort of a face.
When I was interested in these boys, I didn't really notice their hair color. However, I did notice how their cheeks flushed red, and how their freckles shined brightest when we all returned back to school in the fall. But I never really thought about the hair. As much as I worship the opposite sex's hair, it wasn't a deal breaker or maker. But maybe, just maybe, I've always fancied gingers.

They're unique. Rare, even. I love uniqueness. But I think it's how different they are that tunes me into them. A magician, a budding rock star, an intriguing dork...I was drawn to them all like a moth to a flame. The hue of their hair was the only thing they had in common but I think of all my crushes (and I had plenty) I hold the gingers closest to my heart. There is something so pure and wonderful about them. They are beautiful people, and we should embrace them. If you ever find a ginger, don't ever let him go!

P.S. Gingers do have souls.

5 comments:

Missed Periods said...

I think you should read this:

http://nostomanic.blogspot.com/2011/08/mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-90s-era.html

Jenna Lee said...

I'm a ginger lover too! Can't wait to marry mine and have little ginger babies!

Shia said...

Great post! I am cracking up!

$|<@77€®|\/|1|\||)€|) said...

Love it, I do think that us gingers have souls, and pretty good ones at that. Everyone doesn't give us chances really because we have hot tempers and don't usually like confrontations, but hey when you get to know us we are 100 percent committed.

Ashton King said...

There are so many things I can say here, but I'll stay away from the stereotypical redheaded responses ;)

Instead, I'll mention the fact that being a redheaded female can be quite trying sometimes, especially if you're going out. I've heard the same two questions (phrased differently) so many times it's not even funny, but we'll keep things PG and let you imagine what they are.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails