Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Music Monday: What played during your first slow dance?

My little sister has her first homecoming dance in a couple of weeks and to be honest, it has me feeling a little nostalgic. I remember my first homecoming fairly well: I rode with my best friend at the time, and spent most of the night feeling older and more exciting. I had a "boyfriend" at the time; we talked at school and a football game for a grand total of about a week. When I saw him at the homecoming dance, our mutual friends sort of pushed us together and we slow danced. It was really awkward, with my guy friends talking to us, but it was fun. It was a perfectly innocent first slow dance.

Ever since, I could have sworn that the slow song we danced to was the slower version of Cascada's "Every Time We Touch." However, a few weeks ago I was at the store with my boyfriend when DHT's "Listen to Your Heart" came over the speakers. When it came on, for some silly reason, I had a familiar feeling in my stomach. Butterflies after all this time. It made me grin as I recalled my awkward first slow dance.


I forgot about the song until I wanted to write this post, but I couldn't remember what I had heard at the store. So after searching "popular songs of 2005" (sheesh! Am I that old?) I finally found it. It's a cheesy song to go with a cheesy memory, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

What song did you have your first slow dance to?

3 comments:

Erica said...

ooh! great question. Oh my gosh, I'm am trying to remember. I can't! but when I think of slow dance I think of the show Family Ties and the song At This Moment. What a great scene.

$|<@77€®|\/|1|\||)€|) said...

Man I wish that I could remember the song that I listened to.. I don't remember what it was, except that I would never listen to it now because it just isn't my type of music :). Anyways, good post, I like how honest and true it is.

Shia said...

I'm pretty sure it was End of the Road by Boyz II Men. Thanks for the post...I totally had a flashback of slow dancing in the gym with my middle school crush...such simpler times...

♥ Shia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails