Pages

Monday, October 03, 2011

Music Monday: What's your drop everything, belt-it-out song?

Everyone has that song: when it comes on the radio by surprise, a grin spreads across your face as you reach to turn up the volume. It's the one that makes you stop whatever you may be doing only to start singing it at the top of your lungs. It's there for you when you're having a bad day, it's never changing and it always makes sense.

The song that I can't help but belt out is "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" by Meat Loaf. Yep. THAT song. There's something so infectious about it: the great story, powerful music, or over-the-top vocals. If it comes on I can't help but dance; when it comes on I have to sing every line. It picks me up every single time: all eight minutes of it.



So what's your belt-it-out, can't get enough song?

7 comments:

Melissa Blake said...

oh, just about anything on GLEE!!!! :)

Drama Queen #1 said...

Way too many to pick- I'm kinda a music addict. :^)

Ashton King said...

As cheesy as this sounds, "Don't Stop Believing". But honestly if you were to play that in my newsroom, you'd think we were a bunch of chorus girls. haha

Erica said...

party in the usa by ms. miley and hey ya by outcast.

RAY J said...

Hahaha!!! Did you ever open with me on the weekends?

Jeff had a classic rock mix CD in the office and it was one of the few that actually worked so I would turn it on while I was doing all the opening stuff. This song was on it... and apparently the timing of the CD, this song was playing most of the time Eric would get there, lol... at one point he told me to stop playing that CD because he was getting tired of hearing that song every time he came in, lol... oops!

David Rotherham said...

Won't Get Fooled Again by The Who, especially the 8 1/2 minute album version.

Busola said...

Too many to pick!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails