Pages

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Flirting? What's that?

I don't think I've flirted a day in my life. Well, at least not on purpose. 

The concept of flirting terrifies and confuses me at the same time. Uhh what am I supposed to do? What am I supposed to say? How am I supposed to act?
 
I guess I don't understand why I should flirt when it's been pounded into my head that I should always be myself. 

If I'm flirting, or, err attempting to flirt, I'm not being me. I'm the awkward, fumbling, blushing girl that doesn't know how to make small talk. I'm hardly a suave, smooth-talking babe, needless to say. So if I put on that persona to impress someone, doesn't that mean that they'll always expect that from me, even if it's not who I am?

I can't lie. It'd be nice to be able to charm any guy off the street. To whip my hair, wink, and talk "cute." But I can't do it. I'm not that girl. And if that means I'm missing some vibes? Well, that sucks. So I guess if someone is interested in me, then they'll have to get to know me enough that they know they have to wear a sign saying they're interested. I don't give out vibes and I sure can't receive them. That's normal...right?

8 comments:

Erica said...

OOh girl! I can teach you how to flirt! I only did flirt with guys I knew kind of liked me! Does grabbing a guy by his back jean pocket and pulling him over to dance with you constitute as flirting? Or harassment? lol

AkoustiK said...

LOL you are so much like me!

Angela [Simply Simple Me] said...

Hahaha you just made me laugh out loud.

Wendy said...

It's tiresome, hard work being a flirt. (I perfected it when I was a teenager.) My advice- be yourself always. The one trick you can do that usually throws a guy or girl off with out compromising your dignity: make direct eye contact when you're talking. It's more powerful than batting eyelashes or a stupid giggle.

amanderrr said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

MY FEELINGS EXACTLY. I've never been much of a flirt either. (I also haven't had much luck with boys.) I don't think all flirting is bad, but I prefer to project my genuine personality to people. If flirting doesn't come naturally to me, I'm not going to pretend it does.

Mia said...

I'm awful at flirting, and I agree with you fully. It seems to come to my friends pretty easily, but I just...can't. I've tried though...maybe it gets better as I get older?? No clue. Thanks for posting stuff I really honestly agree with:) It's refreshing someone else feels the same way.

Bree said...

often times just a smile is enough to flirt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails