Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Music Monday: 90s Boy Band Vids

The other day, I was playing some old school Backstreet Boys and 'N Sync, the music of my childhood. I was trying to explain the phenomenon to my little sister (who is part of the Justin Bieber generation.) I tried to explain the hype and excitement every time a new song or video was released. I realized that the hype hasn't changed that much between our generations but one thing is for sure: we definitely had better music and videos. Just trying to explain how 'N Sync were Barbie Dolls at a toy store...I couldn't put the awesome into words! These are two of my favorite 90s boy band videos (by the two best boy bands!) What was your favorite?



13 comments:

Megan said...

We definitely had better music!! Bieber has GOT to go...

amy b.s. said...

awesome.

Elle Sees said...

When I was little, it ws New Kids, and I remember living for them! These bands came when I I was in HS, but I still know every word!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I so miss those days... *N SYNC all the way!

Couture Carrie said...

Fun flashback!

xoxox,
CC

Hilary Nicole said...

Haha, nostolgia at its finest! The boy-band phenomena was everywhere and when we have children they will definitely laugh at the music. Have a wonderful day!

XX Hilary
http://thehippinista.blogspot.com/

Stephanie said...

Oh man, I tried to play some NSYNC for Avery the other day, and she asked me to turn it off. Three-year-olds are picky! : )

Melissa Blake said...

I LOVE this!!!!!! 'Nsync were always my favorite! :)

RAY J said...

I liked Backstreet Boys over Nsync, but my FAVORITE was Hanson, mostly because they wrote their own songs and played their own instruments =D

Erica said...

OMG, boy bands, if I had to chose between Nsync and BBB it would be Nsync.

Here is my list of my own favorites (promise not to laugh;)

Menudo (we're talking pre-ricki martin, my favorite was charlie!)

New Edition! (didn't really "crush" on them, oh wait maybe a little on Ralph Tresvant)

NKOTB (Loved Joey, I have a thing for cutesey boys)

98 Degrees (not me, but my mom liked their music and bought the CD!)

Erica said...

oops I meant BSB (back street boys)

Shutterbug said...

LOL! fun times!
p.s bsb were better than nysnc...

I Love You More Than... said...

I'm a bit embarassed to admit I have a Backstreet Boys, Brittney Spears, Destiny's Child playlist that I rock out to on a regular basis.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails