Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Music Monday: Doin' the iPod Shuffle

photo via (we heart it)
For the first time in a long time, let's hit shuffle on the old iPod and see what the first five songs are!

1) Me Against the Music - Britney Spears feat. Madonna
I've blogged about my love for Britney at least once. She can't do wrong in my eyes, because I've been a fan from the very beginning. It's funny, you could say that my mom's Britney was Madonna. And thanks to my mother's love of old school Madonna, I heard her music early on in life. As much as I love these two ladies, this song could have been so much more...epic. It's definitely forgettable, but it's like I have to have the song on my iPod just because of the association that goes with these two famous artists.

2) Wheel in the Sky - Journey
So. I love old music. I love classic rock. So it goes without saying that I would love Journey. When Journey comes up on the iPod, I just want to take my car out for a cruise and forget my troubles. What is it about them?? That voice...one of the greatest in classic rock, and one of the greatest of all time. Thank you Mr. Perry. What an awesome song.

3) I Caught Myself - Paramore
Heh. I love Paramore and I love Twilight. (You caught me! - No pun intended.) In high school a friend asked me to go with her to a Jimmy Eat World concert the next town over...and the opening band was some group called Paramore. Since I never listened to either band, I turned down the offer. A few years later I discovered Paramore (Helloooo, Hayley Williams) and I'm still kicking myself for not seeing them live years ago. She is a feisty, talented woman and their music rocks! (Plus, the Twilight movie soundtracks are totally my guilty pleasures.)

4) Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad - Def Leppard
Have I mentioned my love of classic rock yet? Dude, Def Leppard ROCKS. This song is for anyone who really, truly loved someone...and just couldn't have her. Haven't we all been in this place before? Warning: this song may get to you. Vocals and guitar are brilliant...as always expected from this fantastic group.

5) Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
I know this is a great song to begin with, so please don't get mad when I say I can't help but think of Remember the Titans when this song comes on! This song is a staple in that movie, and I love it. This is one of those songs you sing along to in the car, and because you know all the lines, you think you've actually nailed every note. I'm the only one who's convinced that I own this song. But no matter what genre of music you love, this song is a classic! I see you bobbing your head.

What song is a repeat offender when you hit shuffle?

6 comments:

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

How fun is "Ain't no mountain high enough"?! Oh and Britney and Madonna are a pretty epic pairing. Have a lovely Monday!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Dancing Branflake said...

This is a great collection- so very different! I don't have an iPod anymore. So sad, I know! I'll be getting one soon, though!

Omegastick said...

Hehe, this is a great idea. I, too love the music you've put here in this post, excepting Britney Spears. I'm incredibly jealous of you getting a chance to see Paramore AND Jimmy Eat World in one concert (even if you didn't go). There is something I must ask, though, what is it you see in Twilight? I've watched it and read as much of the book as I could (I couldn't bear Stephanie's writing) and the only thing about it I like is the soundtrack.

Anyways, I hope you wont mind me borrowing the idea to put in my blog (http://www.Musicandcoke.com) - with due credit, of course. :)

Elle Sees said...

what a random collection! i've yet to own an ipod that has room on it. i fill mine up!

RAY J said...

I always think of the movie Stepmom when I hear "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" =)

I Love You More Than... said...

Your not alone! My first thought whenever I hear "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" my first thought is always Remember the Titans.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails