Pages

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Throwing in the towel.

I'm sorry, I can't stoop this low anymore. 
Should you be friends with someone who hurt you? Should you be on good terms even though they screwed you over more than anyone else in your life? Can you really look past all the bad that happened and pretend it's not the elephant in the room? Can you really trust a liar?

The answer is no.

I gave a second chance, and that's something that I rarely do. For anyone. Hell, I gave third and fourth chances. I put it all on the line. I compromised myself to give someone the benefit of the doubt. And that was one of the worst decisions I've ever made.

So never again.

If you want to be a part of my life, that's great. But have the decency to treat me with respect if I let you in. Have the decency to treat me well. If I give you a shot, I respect you and see you as an equal. So don't treat me like I don't deserve the best. Like I don't deserve the truth. Because I treat people well and always tell the truth, I think I deserve that much in return.

And you weren't able to give me that. I can't wait around, hoping for a miracle. I'm sorry. I realize now more than ever that people simply don't change. I'm sorry that I ever questioned how I felt in the beginning. I was so close to being content then I went back and tried it all again. Now I'm back at square one. But at least now I know for sure. I can do so much better than that.

So thanks for the memories, I suppose. Thanks for taking my heart and stomping on it. Thanks for being a coward. I really hope you grow up, but not for my benefit. I hope you grow up so you can realize how pathetic you really were. 

photo via (we heart it)

5 comments:

Grace Denny said...

powerful

Twinnie said...

You deserve way better. Love you twinnie.

Paislea Elyse said...

thanks for visiting my blog! you are sweet!! i love your space here, too!!

allister bee blog

Anonymous said...

If you've suffered from a let down and given them multiple chances - it was time to throw the towel in a long time ago instead of riding it through, because people almost never change. It's best to "burn the bridge," learn from the mistakes and successes and build a better relationship with the next person, knowing what worked and what didn't.

In the end, after many mistakes, you'll have gained enough successes and learned enough from past relationships - that you will know when the right one is right in front of you.

Wendy said...

Good for you! I had a friend like this, once I cut the ties it felt like a weight had been lifted.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails