Pages

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

What are you scared of?

Most of us are scared of something. Some of us are scared of more things than others. In the world of paranoia, I am the queen.

My fears range from high and low to big and small. I'm scared of heights like most people; I don't like getting on ladders, looking over edges, and being anywhere near a balcony is not an option for this girl.

I'm terrified of most bugs, especially ladybugs. There's something so evil about ladybugs: they are quiet, they can fly, and they aren't afraid to get up in your business. They smell terrible, too. If a ladybug flies anywhere near me, I become a mess.

I fear knives. I think this may have something to do with my longtime fascination with Michael Myers from Halloween. I think he is the most terrifying character of all time, and he tends to have a knife in tow. Because of this, I even get wary around the knife at the dinner table.

But I think the biggest fear I have is my fear of change. I don't like things to be different. I don't like routine to break. Unfortunately, that fear has affected me the most. I try to avoid it and make big decisions, but usually I end up crawling back to the way things were. Because of my fear of change, I hardly try new things, and sometimes don't make progress. It's something I can definitely work on.

What are you afraid of, and how do you deal with it?

photo via (we heart it)

5 comments:

$|<@77€®|\/|1|\||)€|) said...

I like this, it shows that you are willing to get out there with the things that affect you the most. I am most afraid of being nothing in the world around me, there is something about not being remembered but actually being forgotten, even before I actually pass away... I am doing everything I can to make something of myself worth remembering.

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

Change can be scary, but it can also be wonderful. It's great that you are trying to change your fear of change. :)

I have a fear of toads and frogs. When I was a teenager, I stepped on a toad when I was wearing thin-soled house shoes. It was awful. Now I am so afraid of stepping on another one!

TheOtherSideofCool said...

It can be very hard to admit your fears, so well done you! The fear of change can really affect your life so I hope you manage to push yourself a little and if not over come the fear completely then at least get a little more confident in new things.

I am afraid of rape.. well I know everyone is afraid of it but for me it's something I think about all the time, I can't watch a sexually violent scene in a film or tv show and cannot bear silly jokes about it, or even using the word in jest in another context...if my boyfriend gets bitten a lot by mosquitos he'll often say 'I got raped by mozzies!' and I cant stand even these jokes xxx

Visit The Other Side Of Cool
Tweet me! @othersideofcool

Sara Szatmary said...

I'm not scared of a lot (dying alone is the biggest), but I have a philosophy:

Don't play scared.

If you do anything thinking you will fail or that things will go bad, you won't enjoy the experience because you're waiting for the other shoe to drop. Play to win and you most likely will.

Wendy said...

I don't really fear much. Except for snakes. Yuck. And maybe bats but that's because our cats like to catch them and bring them in the house. Once you've had a bat fly in your hair (yes, this did happen) you're scarred for life, lol.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails