Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

I'm not perfect.

There's something about me that screams flawed. Why? Because I wear it on my sleeve. I'm not perfect, inside or out. I wear glasses because I can hardly see. I have a gap in my front teeth. I am terrible at putting on nail polish, and I rarely have cute hair. I'm not perfect.

I have some baggage. I'm a little weird. I talk too much when the moment is not right and maybe sometimes I try too hard. I fumble and I run. Usually, I run the wrong way. I've been doing that a lot lately.

I hate change, big or small. So when my world takes a turn, I stop. I'm not sure where to go. Usually, I stay right where I am, or go running toward the past. Why? Because if it worked out once, it has to work again....or still. Right?

But as much as I hate change, I am slowly becoming a different person. The baggage I have? It's changing, and I think lately I've been lightening my load. Well, for now I'm trying to. As for my flaws on the outside? Who would I be without them? I'd be unrecognizable. I'm not perfect, but I was never intended to be. I may not be perfect, but I'm getting closer and closer to becoming the person that I want to be.

4 comments:

Ashton King said...

I think admitting to yourself that you're not perfect is the first step in changing the things you don't like about yourself.

Nikita said...

My thoughts exactly!

Rebecca said...

perfectly imperfect!

Erica said...

perfection is boring and normal is overrated! so we're just fine! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails