Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Finding Baby Spice on Twitter. . .& other 90s nostalgia I've felt this week.

There I was, tweeting another pointless yet so relevant quote, when Twitter spoke to me. There, on the side of the screen, Twitter was suggesting people that I should follow. I rarely pay attention to this section, but the blue check mark of a verified account caught my eye. That's when I saw it....Twitter was suggesting that I follow my childhood hero. Emma Bunton, a.k.a. BABY SPICE is tweeting. And Twitter knew enough to tell me so. My giddiness made me feel like I was back in the 2nd grade, toting around my Spice Girls Collector's Manual, or Guide to the Girls or whatever it was. Back in the day, we would always play "Spice Girls" on the playground. I would always boss everyone around until I was able to be Baby Spice, even though with my brunette hair I looked nothing like her. My friend with long, blonde pigtails would obviously make a better Scary Spice, anyway.

This seems to be the week for 90s throwback. At least for myself, that is. I saw Beauty and the Beast in 3D. I got dressed up and stuck a Belle pin through the front of my dress to show my pride. I have an obsession with this movie, after all, it is my favorite Disney and third favorite movie of all time. If you like this movie at all, you need to go see it in 3D. I think I was scaring some of the kids in the auditorium with my still-in-my-seat dance moves.

Speaking of movies, I've been watching tons of movies that I've never seen before...all from the 90s! The last week alone, I've watched Titanic, Empire Records and 10 Things I Hate About You... all for the first time! I know, I know, I'm ashamed. As a friend tweeted to me about watching 10 Things for the first time... 
"um, you just saw it for the first time?? 90s kid fail."

But I'm working on it! After all, when most of the movies came out, I was between the ages of 5 and 10. Although I loved all the romance in these movies, I don't really think they would have spoken to me then like they do now.
To top off all the 90s nostalgia I've been experiencing, I decided to make a random 90s playlist, which I'm going to include for your enjoyment. I've made a couple of copies for friends because this is awesome! I mean, helloooooo Hootie & the Blowfish!

RANDOM 90s PLAYLIST
1) Wannabe - Spice Girls
2) Tearin' Up My Heart - 'N Sync
3) I Want it That Way - Backstreet Boys
4) The Sign - Ace of Base
5) Doctor Jones - Aqua
6) What's My Age Again? - Blink 182
7) ...Baby One More Time - Britney Spears
8) What a Girl Wants - Christina Aguilera
9) Out of My Head - Fastball
10) When I Come Around - Green Day
11) MMMBop - Hanson
12) Hold My Hand - Hootie & the Blowfish
13) Save Tonight - Eagle-Eye Cherry
14) Summer Girls - LFO
15) Cowboy - Kid Rock
16) Bitch - Meredith Brooks
17) Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
18) I Want You - Savage Garden
19) Jumper - Third Eye Blind
20) She's So High - Tal Bachman
21) Waterfalls - TLC

Have you been feeling the 90s love lately?

7 comments:

Melissa Blake said...

ummm, can you make this a regular feature. PLEASE????

Paislea Elyse said...

cute!

allister bee blog

Stephanie said...

10 Things I Hate About You was my absolute favorite movie in high school! I saw it three times in the theater, I own it (on VHS!) and I even still have the soundtrack! HAHA!

Sara Szatmary said...

Baby spice?! 10 things I hate about you!? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!!

PS: I agree with Melissa, this NEEDS to be a regular feature

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

You know what's awesome? The girl that played Topanga on Boy Meets World actually replied to one of my tweets last week. Talk about something from the 90's totally making my day!

Ashton King said...

Wow, this makes me feel super old, haha. I miss the 90s ... minus the grungy look of the clothes everyone wore back then.

Michelle * Viva Revival said...

Ahhh that takes me back. However, this was high school for me, haha! (except for Ave of Base!) I wasn't too into the spice girls, but I did think the movie was pretty great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails