Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Music Monday: Songs about Me

Isn't it the coolest thing when your name is in a song? When I was younger, my mom would play Carly Simon's "Jesse" and I still know the words to this day. Why? Because even though the song is about a bad boy ex, I've always related to that song because she was obviously singing my name. I've loved that song since I was a kid and I can't help but grin when I hear it on the radio.


Then of course, there's Rick Springfield's "Jessie's Girl." Yes, this song is referring to a dude as well. But in high school, someone on the newspaper staff I worked on started singing the chorus to me whenever I would walk into the room and it just caught on. Besides, it's an awesome song, and a badass video. I can't complain! 


Sure, if my name was Jessica, I'd have a few more, probably more appropriate song options, but these two songs have really meant a lot to me over the years. 

Do you have any cool songs that you share a name with?

3 comments:

Ashton King said...

I'm pretty sure there are no songs with my name in them, lol.

Grace Martin said...

Well there is the obvious choice of Amazing Grace, which is obviously sung for me :) My personal favorie is Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol. I can still my best friends face the first time we heard it together, and she looked at me with an awed expression, "They are singing about you!".

Linz said...

Hmm, I can't think of one offhand, but I do remember being called Linda Ronstadt as a child and being terribly upset by it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails