Pages

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

New Year's Resolution: Make more mix CDs.

Another year has passed and we're now at that time where resolutions are being made and sometimes broken. Maybe we set our sets too high, or after too many drinks on New Year's Eve we start to think that we should accomplish things that don't really matter. I think that we should make simpler resolutions: love more, over-think less, try to be more motivated. I have resolutions of my own, and one is to try and pick up a hobby that I swept under the rug for a while: making mix CDs. 

I get knee-deep into this project when I start it. Mix CDs are just another way for me to express how I feel: to friends, family, people I would like to impress. The process I use to make mix CDs: coming up with a theme, digging deep through my music collection, it's invigorating. And when I have a finished product to give to someone, it just feels good. I'm stocked up on blank CDs and Sharpies and the fun can really begin. My past productions? Titles like "songs about kissing," "feel good music," and "done-me-wrong songs" are just a few. Each one is unique and completely original. 

This may seem like a silly resolution among many that are much more admirable, but I truly believe that it's sometimes the small things in life that matter the most. Showing someone you care by sharing something personal and something you took the time to create? That's something we should all strive to do a little bit more.

What are some of your New Year's Resolutions?

2 comments:

Daydream Believer said...

I've decided not to make resolutions this year. Instead, I'm going to decide what I'd like to KEEP about myself, not change. That being said, I've decided to keep the laid-back side of my personality. So often, I fret over the small stuff, but I always seem to get it done. I don't need to be uber-punctual or efficient in order to have a happy, successful life. :-)

M├Ągi said...

I think you ought to make me a guide to Classic Rock. I was looking at your list of albums I should hear before I die (in Feb. 2010). I think I've only heard about 10 of those artists before...

All those bands that you listen to often (from what I've gathered) like Aerosmith - I haven't an idea what they sound like.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails